Chapter 6 ✈-Aunty Morgan and Them

After Demetri left, I took a nap and woke up at eleven pm. I took a shower and doned a pair of black jeggings with a blue blouse and my black leather jacket. I put on my pair of black booties then pulled my hair into a pony tail. I took my red suitcase from my closet and my small back pack with my passport, boarding pass, make up, chewing gum, my tablet. Earphones, charger and cellphone. When I was finished, it was five minutes to midnight. I received a text from Derek that he was out side the gate. I took my case in my hand and quietly crept down the stairs, just as I was about to open the door my mother's voice stopped me.
"Where are you going?" She asked emerging from the entry way of the family room.
"Away." I said vaguely depositing my case on the ground and adjusting the handle so I could pull it.
"Your mate would like to have you over for lunch tomorrow, why are you leaving now?" She said confirming my suspicion that Demetri had indeed told her he was my mate.
"I had prior engagements. And I will not alter my plans to accommodate a mate that I do not want." I said pulling the door open.
"What is that supposed to mean?"
"It means whatever you think it means. Interpret it as you wish. Good bye mother." I said walking down the drive way to the large iron gates. I inputed the password in the keypad and the small gate opened, I lifted my case as I stepped out. Derek put my case in the trunk as I got in the front of the car. He got in and drove me to the airport. By the time we arrived it was five minutes to my check in time. After a hug and a kiss on the cheek Derek left and I checked in and sat drinking a cup of coffee until my flight number was called. I boarded the plane and sat chewing gum and playing farm heroes saga until the plane took off.
I took a pack of barbequed chips and an ocean spray cranberry juice. The flight was long especially because everyone else was sleeping and because of that damn cup of coffee, I couldn't sleep. Finally the plane landed, and we got off, I cleared customs then met Aunt Morgan outside. Katherine jumped in my arms and I gave her a kiss as Aunty Morgan placed my case in the trunk of the dark blue Audi.
"Jessy, you got so big." She said hugging me. We piled into the car and made our way to her house. We talked all the way there. When we got out Keith and My aunts husband Kevin bombarded me with hugs and kisses.
After I got settled in I turned on my phone to see numerous missed calls, voice messages and texts from Demetri. Most of them asking where the hell I am and telling me to call him. I sent a quick text telling him I'm fine and just attending to my prior engagements. Then went downstairs to hang out with my Aunt, Uncle and cousins.
I was in the kitchen helping aunty Morgan cook Christmas dinner while Kevin and the kids were outside in the backyard pool. I was busy cutting cucumbers when aunt Morgan said "So your mom told me you found your mate." I was so surprised that I jumped and the sharp knife accidentally sliced my index finger.
"Ouch." I exclaimed running the cold water from the pipe on my finger. I stood there with aunt Morgan behind me asking if I was OK while watching my finger just close up completely.
"OK then, you're fine let's get on with the convo." Aunt Morgan said and I turned to face her. I looked into her forest green eyes and blushed.
"His name is Demetri." I said lamely
"Let me guess, he found you because you're not eighteen as yet." She stated matter of factly.
"Yea, I went to the ball as Derek's escort and he wouldn't leave me alone."
"That's interesting, I was watching the wolf e-news and it said that prince Demetri was interested in an escort girl." She said acting nonchalant as we finished up dinner. "So are you the escort girl?"
"Shouldn't you already know if I am? I mean, wasn't there a picture or something?" I asked taking a chocolate chip cookie from the cookie sheet which I just pulled from the oven. "Ooohh, hot, hot, hot!" I squeaked juggling the cookie as Aunt Morgan laughed.
"No dear, there wasn't a picture. It was only speculation that he found his mate." She said still snickering. "So is he you mate?"
"Sadly, he claims he is." I said finally biting into the cookie. She squealed like a teenage girl and I frowned.
"My niece is going to be a luna princess." She said dreamily.
"No I'm not. I don't want him or anything to do with him." I muttered finishing my cookie.that was good. I can bake.
"What? Why not?"
"He's an arrogant a-hole, and I am going to reject him as soon as I see him again. Then continue with my plans to college in UK."
"You can't reject him, Jessabell." She says seriously coming to stand beside me at the counter.
"Why? Because he's a prince?"
"No because he's an Alpha. Only alphas can reject their mates, Lunas can't reject their Alphas because the alpha is the top of the food chain."
"So you mean that if he doesn't reject me, I can't leave him?" I asked with a sinking feeling in my chest. She shook her head in a sign of no.
"This is sad for me. I swear Amun-Ra, hates me." I sighed shaking my head.
"Oooh look at you using up your Egyptian roots and knowledge." Aunt Morgan said smiling "But sadly honey, Amun-Ra is not the moon god, he's the god of the universe."
"So, he created the universe, that includes the moon. And us too." I said walking into the living room where my phone was. I seated myself on the couch and picked up my phone. Just as I picked it up, it started ringing. It was Demetri. I contemplated not answering it,
"If it's your prince, I suggest you answer it." Aunt Morgans voice said as she walked past me.
"He's not my prince." I grumbled pressing the answer button. "Hello?"
"Where the hell are you?!" Demetri's voice thundered down the phone line making me jump. Aunt Morgan turned to look at me with wide eyes.
"I'm attending to those engagements I told you I had." I replied calmly with the knowledge that I am far away from him in Aruba so his anger has no effect on me whatsoever.
"You disobeyed me." He growled and I frowned.
"I didn't disobey you. You made demands which I couldn't fulfill so I continued with my previous plans." I said indignantly.
"You need to come home right now."
"Excuse me?!?!" I growled in disbelief
"You heard me. Get your ass on the next plane back to America." He said and i laughed without any real humor.
"You are not my mother, and not even my mother has the right to tell me what to do so you can just wait until I get back."
"I'm not playing with you Jessabell." He said a little calmer now "Either you come back on your own or I come and get you."
"Oh please, you don't scare me." I muttered "you don't even know where I am."
"I may not know as yet, but I will find out and I will come and get you." He said determination setting into his voice.
"Good bye your majesty." I growled
"If you hang up the phone Jessabell I will-" I cut the call before he could finish his sentence.
Aunt Morgan stared at me in horror.
"He's coming for you." She said leaning on the wall.
"Is that your psychic ability talking?" I asked jokingly.
"I'm not psychic, I can just tell when people are going to die." She said "and I don't need to be psychic to know he was serious about coming to get you."
"He doesn't know where I am."
"He has the resources to find out. Jessabell he sounded really angry, you should call him back and apologize."
"Apologize for what?" I asked incredously.
"Hanging up on him." She said like it was the most logical thing in the world.
"He was pissing me off." I said.
"Whatever. He's your mate. Have fun fighting with him." She said
"He's not my mate." I grumbled miserably and she laughed.
For the rest of the evening we hung out outside. By the pool. I couldn't go in because of my dilemma. After dinner we all watched a Christmas movie then went to bed. Well I went to bed, the kids went to play and aunty Morgan and uncle Kevin watched more movies.