Chapter 33- The game

It's been two weeks that Demetri and I have been getting to know each other again.

It's been fun. last Friday, as promised he took me on a date after practice. He took me to a fancy restaurant and ordered a private booth and lots of food.

We talked alot, he told me about his family which triggered some memories of them.

I remembered Violet, Kelly and Kyra, his parents and his brothers.

Tonight's the football game between Edmund Wolfe Prep and Gregory Hawk Academy.

Violet will be here for cheerleading and the king and his sons will be here to watch so that he can decide if it's safe for Freya to play.

They announced to the entire school that the king and the princes will be here for the game and so most of the students will be there to see the royals.

There was a special section set up on the grandstand section, with a tent, padded chairs and fancy food items for refreshments which was for the royal family.

Currently in the girl's locker room pitting on my under clothes, Freya sitting on the bench by my legs and using her phone.

"I'm going next door Frey," I told her adjusting my sports bra and football tights.

My paddings, helmet and Jersey was in the boy's locker room so I go over there to finish getting dressed.

"Ok, I'll come." She said, a deep red blush staining her cheeks.

"Yeah, to see Dallas half naked." I teased wiggling my eyebrows.

"Shut up." She mumbled blushing harder as we walked across the hall and into the locker room.

Most of the boys were dressed, but others, like Dallas,Marcus, Tyler and Rick lazed around in their boxers.

"Put some clothes on!" I yelled at them as I grabbed my paddings and started to arrange them on my body with Freya's help.

After a while, we were all dressed and had our helmets as we were running over the game play. Tyler reminded us of the three alternate plans that we would use if the original one that coach designed doesn't work.

"We ready?" Coach's booming voice burst through the room as he stepped in handing Freya his coffee cup, his clipboard and a rolled up paper which may have been a blueprint of the football field.

Coach gave us the usual pep-talk, told us that he would kick our asses if we lost, then told us to have fun out there and remember there's no ''I' in 'team'.

"Here Freya." I heard Dallas say as we were all heading out.

I turned back just in time to see him hold out his jacket for her to put her arms through.

Not just any jacket, his Letterman jacket.

Freya blushed as they tangled their fingers together and walked towards the door.

Freya gets to be on the sidelines with coach as she has become his personal assistant, only, she works for free.

I made kissy faces at the both of them and they both shot me their middle fingers.

Yep they're perfect for each other. I thought smirking as I ran with the other guys to the back of the school and under the bleachers where we would run onto the field when our cheerleaders were done cheering on our entrance.

"Where's Dallas?" Rick asks as I come to stand beside him and put my helmet on.

"He's coming." I replied smirking and he smirked too.