Chapter 8-His family

Finally Demetri and I arrived at the royal castle. Upon entering the castle we were greeted by a short girl with blonde hair and Gray eyes resembling Demetri's. She began complaining to Demetri about someone named Dionne who keeps messing with her stuff, then she saw me and her eyes lit up with excitement
"Ooohhh!!! Demetri, is this her?" She squealed coming closer to me, in all honesty, when she had bombarded Demetri I had quietly stepped behind him hoping that she wouldn't see me. "She's so pretty, her hair is such a pretty red, not like the orange-red hair some people have." She said touching my hair that fell down my shoulders.
"Violet, she's a person not a doll for you to inspect." Demetri said wrapping an arm around my waist and pulling me close into his side. I went willingly because his sister was scaring me slightly. She seems so bubbly and blonde.
"I know but she's cute and I've been dying to meet her." She said to Demetri "I'm Violet, Demetri's sister, I'm fourteen." She said flashing me a bright smile, I smiled back at her
"I'm Jessabell." I said and she pulled me into a hug.
"I know silly. Demetri hasn't stopped talking about you since the night of the ball." She said looping her arm through mine as we walked down the corridors to a set of large double doors. Before we entered, Demetri turned to look at me,
"We're about to meet my family," He said and I got the underlying meaning of his words. 'Please don't embarrass me.' I thought bitterly and he smiled and nodded and I knew he read my mind.
He pushed the doors open to reveal a sitting room. The king and Queen were there with four other children sprawled across the floor. The king sat reading papers while the queen appeared to be trying to feed a squealing baby who looked no older than about four months. All eyes turned to us, I was once again behind Demetri. I had put my booties on and put a slim black belt around the dress, I brushed out my hair then applied a little makeup to hide the fact that I was crying. So I actually look presentable now.
"Darling, you're back." The queen said rising from her chair and coming over to us. Demetri leant down to press a kiss on both her cheeks. The enraged child still in her arms.
"Hi mom." He said looking at the blonde haired woman with sparking purple eyes.
"Is this her?" She asked motioning to me and I dug my fingers into the back of Demetri's jacket, out of nervousness. He laughed and nodded. Violet pulled me out from behind him and beamed at her mother.
"Mom, isn't she pretty?" She asked, "her hair is so nice." She said stroking my hair and I couldn't resist laughing at her expression.
"Hello Jessabell. It's so nice to finally meet you." The queen said and I curtised.
"Your majesty." I said and she shook her head,
"Please, drop the formalities. Call me Alaine." She said adjusting she screaming child in her arms. I looked at the baby's red face scrunched in anger and his squirming body.
"Ok then." I said smiling, "He's hot." I said motioning to the child. She looked at me confused.
"What?"
"The baby, he's hot." I said and she looked at the child.
"Oh, I'll take him to cool down. I'll see you later Jessabell." She said stepping past me and walking down the corridors.
"Demetri." A Deep masculine voice said from inside the room and I pulled away from Violet placing myself behind Demetri once again. The fingers of my right hand grabbed his clothes tighter and I felt him jump. As he walked into the room, he reached behind him and pulled my hand away from his back. I reluctantly let go.
"You need to cut your nails." He said looking at my fingers. I've been told that so many times its not even funny anymore. We finally came to stand in front of the arm chair in which the king sat.
"Good evening father." Demetri said. Staring at the older version of himself. Demetri is the spitting image of his father, same dark hair, Gray eyes, sharp bone structure and muscular build.
"I see you brought her back like you said you would." The king said looking at me, "Hello Jessabell." He said looking at me with piercing gray eyes. I opened my mouth to say something but he but me off. "If you are going to call me your majesty don't say anything." He said and I frowned.
"Why would you think I would call you your majesty?" I asked and he frowned probably thinking how disrespectful I am.
"You called my wife your majesty." He said.
"Oh, well I wasn't going to address you as that." I said and he raised an eyebrow.
"Really?" He asked and I nodded feeling Demetri tense beside me. "What would you have addressed me as then?"
"Your highness." I replied and he smiled at me.
"Ok, don't call me that either."
"Ok then my king." I said flashing him a smile and he chuckled,
"You have a sense of humour." He said getting up and taking my hand that Demetri wasn't holding. "It's lovely to meet you Jessabell, you may call me Alpha Alexander." He finished kissing the back of my hand.
"That was my last option of address." I said still smiling. Demetri relaxed beside me.
"Father, we have things to discuss" Demetri said turning to me. "You should go meet my sisters, while I speak with my father." He said and my smile fell as I tightened my hold on his hand. He grinned brightly. "They won't eat you, I promise." He said leaning in to kiss me. When our lips touched, everything else disappeared. I tangled my fingers in the front of his jacket. As he held my head in place. He pulled away after a brief moment then pecked my lips twice. "I'll see you soon." He said but I refused to let his jacket go as I stared up into his eyes.
Violet grabbed my arm and began pulling me away as she rambled about my hair and how pretty I am. Its disturbing really, I never liked my hair and I always thought I was just average looking.
"Ok, let's stop talking about me now. Tell me about you." I said as we walked down the corridors of the castle, taking many turns. If I was alone, I would have been lost.
"Oh, ok, I like fashion, I like dogs, I don't like school work. I go to EdmundWolfe Prep. I love shopping and I have a fashion blog." She said vaguely. What I gathered from that, is that she is not the book type. But she seems fun.
"What's your favorite color?" I asked
"I love pink, bright pink."
"Favorite food?"
"I don't really eat much, I have to keep up my shape." She said and I snickered "But I like Beef, especially roast beef."
"I love Chicken, but the whole meat thing is kind of a nobrainer since we're wolves." I said and she agreed, we continued to talk until we arrived at a door and she opened it letting us in. It was a bedroom, a very large bedroom decorated in different shades of pink.
"Welcome to my bedroom." She said and three heads snapped up two dark haired girls on the bed and a blonde girl with purple eyes on carpeted floor.
"Oh Jessabell, these are my other sisters." She said as we walked across the room. "The two on the bed are Kelly and kyra, the fifteen year old twins. You can only tell them apart by their eyes. Kelly has the gray eyes and Kyra has the blue eyes."
"Hi." I said waving slightly. The girl on the floor looks vaguely familiar, I've seen her before, not on TV, somewhere else but I can't remember where.
"You're Jessabell Archer." She said closing the book she was reading, placing it on the ground she got up and walked towards me. Now looking at her I realize her snake bite piercings in her lip, her nose ring and an eyebrow ring through her left eyebrow. Her blonde hair had pink and green highlighted strands which hung around her face. Her dark jeans, combat boots and black T-shirt gave her a sterotypical emo look.
"Obviously Freya." Said Kyra, her blue eyes twinkling as she looked at me "she's all Demetri talks about right now. It's nice to meet you."
"I never asked you Kyra-Lee." Freya said glaring at her. She turned back to me, "Middle Linebacker, jersey number 7." She says and everyone else in the room looks at us confused. My face lit up.
"No way!" I said and she smiled revealing perfectly straight white teeth.
"Way." She replied "Freya Voynov. You are like a football legend at school." She said as we shook hands and I laughed.
"You go to GregoryHawk academy?" Violet asked and I nodded. "But you seem so......" She trailed off not knowing the right word to say.
"Not troubled." Kelly supplied and she nodded. "Wait you play football?" Kelly asked
"Yea, I love sports."
"I'm a cheerleader." Violet said and I grinned at her.
"Me too." I said and they frowned in confusion. "I only cheer at non football games. At the pep rallies, I tie my jersey above my belly and wear my cheer skirt. I explained.
"I still can't believe you go to a school for troubled teens. You're so sweet unlike miss Freya over there." Kyra said and Freya gave her the finger.
"I think most kids at my school are just misjudged. I mean, Yea we smoke and drink alcohol and fight occasionally, but we like stuff normal kids our age like too." I said shrugging as I settled on the floor by the bed with Freya and Violet beside me. "Oh yeah, don't tell anyone I smoke."
"Nothing's wrong with smoking, Freya and Jackson does it." Violet said "Oh Jackson is one of our older brothers."
"Do you have any piercings or tattoos?" Kyra asked leaning over the side of the bed.
"Yes, I have two tattoos and I pierced my bellybutton."
"Can we see?"
"Yea sure." I said pulling my dress up to my belly letting them look at the black belly ring with the sparkly pink star then the small tatoo of my name in fancy cursive on my hip bone then I pulled my dress back down.
"So where's the other tattoo?" Freya asked and I removed the numerous bracelets around my left wrist to reveal a medium sized turquoise and black butterfly.
"That's pretty." Kyra said and I smiled thanking her and returning my bracelets to their original position.
We spent a few hours talking and getting to know each other, I had gotten comfortable with four of Demetri's sisters when the door opened and Demetri stepped in.
"Hello monsters." He greeted hugging his sisters who ran to hug him. I sure as hell wished my family was that loving, I thought and Demetri's eyes flicked to me. He walked over to me on the bed and leant down to kiss my cheek. "Hi beautiful." He said wrapping an arm around my waist and pulling me into his side. He had taken off his Jacket and tie and the first two buttons of his white shirt were open giving me a glimpse of his muscular chest.
"They are so cute together." Violet gushed snapping a picture of us.
"Well, I was sent to get you all for dinner." He said pulling me up. We all made our way through a series of corridors and hallways until we ended up in the dining room.
Alpha Alexander and Luna Alaine were already seated. Monique and Damien were also seated at the table. When we all walked in all eyes snapped to us and Luna Alaine smiled when she saw Demetri's arm around my waist and I blushed more.
Demetri pulled my chair out and I sat muttering a soft thank you to him as he sat beside me.
"Jessabell, I see you've met my other daughters." Luna Alaine smiled and I returned it.
"Mom she's so sweet." Kelly gushed and they all agreed. I noticed Demetri smiling.
"Well Jessabell, these are my other sons, Damien, Jackson, Alistair and Edmund." Luna Alaine said pointing to Demetri's twin first, then a blonde boy with gray eyes who is Jackson, Alistair has dark hair like his father and purple eyes like his mothers, while Edmund has dark brown hair caused by a mixture of his parents DNA, and dark gray eyes. Needless to say all of them are muscular.
I smiled at them "Hi." I said softly and Damien smirked.
"You're the bad tempered girl from the ball." He chuckled and I blushed in embarrassment.
"I'm not bad tempered." I said defensively "well not all the time." I added in a lower voice and everyone at the table laughed.
"Yea, Jess, you're just bad tempered most of the time." Monique said smiling at me.
"That's just because you rubbed off on me." I said making everyone laugh again, finally our food arrived and we began eating. It was grilled steak with rice and vegetables.
After a while of eating in silence, Freya spoke up, "Dad, remember when I told you that I'm going to join the football team at my school and all of you sexist men said that I shouldn't because girls don't play football?" Freya asked and the alpha looked up.
"Yes I remember, and my decision still stands, you may not join unless you have a valid reason." He said and Damien and Jackson snickered.
"Frey, just let it go. Football isn't meant for girls." Damien said and I frowned at the sexist comment.
"Stay out of this Duckie." She hissed at him then turned back to her father. "I have valid reason why I would be fine."
"Really? What's the valid reason?" Alpha Alexander asked.
"There's a girl already on the football team at school."
"I don't believe you." Jackson said
"Yea Freya. What's her name?" Demetri asked and I just got where this conversation was going. Uh-oh
"Her name is Jessabell Archer." Freya said and everyone turned to stare at me in disbelief as I froze with the fork halfway to my mouth, well everyone except Monique, Violet the twins and of course Freya.
"You play football?" Damien asked me and I nodded.
"You go to GregoryHawk?" Jackson asked shocked and I nodded "But you look so well behaved." He said and Monique snickered earning a glare from me.
"So dad can I play next year?" Freya asked again.
"What position do you play Jessabell?" Alpha Alexander asked.
"Mainly middle linebacker but sometimes I play running back or corner back." I said and Damien's mouth fell open.
"I'm sorry. Did you just say cornerback?" He asked
"Yes. Would you like me to spell it for you?" I asked and the luna chuckled.
"Ooohh, she has a tongue." Edmund spoke up for the first time, he doesn't look much older than twelve really.
"Just how strong are you?" Damien asked squinting his eyes.
"I'm not really strong, I'm just fast." I said as I thought how weak I am compared to Demetri. I heard him chuckle beside me.
"Don't worry darling, you are pretty strong but because I'm your mate you have a natural weakness towards me. Plus my good looks can make anyone go weak." He said smirking. I scoffed.
"Pfft, you wish." I said sipping my champagne. He frowned as Damien and Jackson laughed. I smiled sweetly at him as he stared at me. "Sorry, I couldn't resist."
He rolled his eyes and we continued with dinner.
"So daddy can I play next year?" Freya asked.
"I will come and see one of Jessabell's games then I decide." The alpha said and I choked on my champagne. Demetri gently knocked my back.
"You ok?" He asked worriedly.
"Mmhm, fine." I said.
Dinner ended then we went to sit in the den. I was on a couch leaning on Demetri as he held me to him while he talked to Damien in the arm chair next to us. Monique quietly asleep on his lap. Freya and I were talking about school and the teachers who we dislike and fun stuff that happen at school.
"I kind of have a crush on Dallas McQuaid." Freya admitted quietly "is it true that he found his mate?"
"Yea. She goes to our school. He said he is waiting until she turns eighteen to let her know he's hers." I replied and her smile fell. "If it makes you feel any better I had a crush on him too."
"Had?" She asked with raised eyebrows.
"Yes had. Before, I joined the team to be exact. He threw the football in my face. I saw that he did it on purpose so I marched onto the field, tackled him and handed him some punches to the face. I think it hurt me more than it hurt him,but I got my satisfaction." I replied smiling at the memory "it's on the school website actually."
"I have to go see that." She said. I stifled a yawn and Demetri leant down into my ears.
"Tired?" He asked and I nodded. He smiled and pulled me up. "Good night everyone." He said they returned the good night and Demetri and I made our way through another series of hall ways, corridors and up some stairs. Finally we arrived at two large doubled doors. Demetri pushed them open and we went in. It was a large room with a giant king sized bed in the center. The bed had many large pillows and a light blue spread. The room itself was decorated in light blue, the carpet of the floor, a deep blue contrasting with the other shades of blue. The blue curtains by the sliding glass door were open revealing the balcony and allowing bright moonlight to stream in. The white vanity dresser and chair by the left of the room beside a small white door, was neatly organized with make up. There was a small white single door and a set of small double doors to the right of the room, both were closed. My suit case placed beside the white arm chair close to the window.
"Well, this will be our room. You can make changes to it if you wish." Demetri said, his hand resting on my lower back after he closed the doors. "That's our closet," he pointed to the small white double doors by the right then motioning the single door he said its the bathroom.
"May I go take a shower?" I asked and he laughed,
"You don't have to ask me that." He said pulling me into a hug. He pressed his lips to mine and I sighed as I opened my mouth allowing his tongue to plunge in. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer. I moaned softly at the contact of our bodies. He shifted and I felt the hard bulge of his erection pressing against my stomach. I pulled away from him. But he continued to kiss my neck.
"I need to go bathe." I said and he released me. I walked over to my suit case and pulled out a pair of sleep shorts and a dark red blouse, I took a quick shower then dressed for bed.
When I returned, Demetri was wearing gray sweat pants and was laying on the bed. When he saw me, he motioned me over. I climbed into the bed and he wrapped his arms around me pulling me to him. I lay my head on his chest as he rubbed my back.
"Thank you for being nice today." He said.
"Don't worry, I like your family, I'm nice to people I like."
"You're not usually nice to me."
"The statement speaks for itself." I replied as I kept blinking, trying to keep my eyes open. I felt him sigh as I floated on the edge of consciousness.
"Go to sleep Jessabell." Demetri whispered turning out the ceiling lights with a snap of his fingers. I closed my eyes and fell into a deep dreamless sleep.