Chapter 26- His Confession.

Warning sexual content active in this chapter.

Stepping into my bed room, I dropped my backpack on the ground by the door and looked up at the tense body of Demetri seated on my bed.

"I don't have the energy for you this evening." I muttered sullenly walking into my bathroom, I didn't hear him respond, not that I minded.

I stripped off my clothes and got in the shower, scrubbing myself clean. As the warm water ran down my body, I remembered the letter from the king which is now in my bag.

Tears leaked from my eyes as the spray of the shower covered the sound of my sobs.

There was a soft knock on he bathroom door, I barely heard it over the sound of the shower. I sniffed and turned off the shower.

"Yes?" I questioned in a voice that sounded semi normal.

"I need to talk to you," Demetri said through the door.

"Fine, I'm coming." I responded stepping out of the shower and after drying off with a towel I wrapped up with another one and exited the bathroom to see Demetri seated, once again, on the end of my bed.

"Look, if you're here to hit me back just do it and leave, cuz I'm really tired and I have home work to do." I said blandly Looking at him.

"You really think that I would come here just to hit you back?" He asked rising from the bed and casually making his way over to me as I stood by the bathroom door.

As tempted as I was to bolt into the bathroom and lick the door until he gives up and leave, I stood my ground and looked up at him.

"What do you want?" I asked, ignoring his question. His eyes were fixed on my face and I flinched, out of instinct when I saw his hand move towards my face.

A look of hurt flashed across his face before it disappeared. What does he have to be hurt about? I'm the one that's been both physically and mentally abused since I met him.

His fingers brushed against my left cheek sending electric shocks throughout my body.

I hate this stupid mate bond, no matter how much I hate him, my body doesn't, or it cannot because he's my 'other half.'

"You were crying." He stated inquiringly.

How is that your concern? I thought snarkily with the knowledge that he could not hear me as I had blocked him from my mind.

"Why are you here Demetri?" I asked with a small sigh pushing his hand away from my face and taking a step back.

"I came to talk to you about the letter." He said.  figures.

"There's nothing to talk about," I replied nonchalantly, stepping away from him and making my way to my closet dressing in a pair of dark blue sweats and a long sleeve shirt.

Walking back into my room, I pulled my wet hair up with a clip before grabbing my laptop and my biology note book and climbing into my bed.

"We have to talk about it." Demetri said moving to stand beside my window.

"No," I said adamantly looking up at him. My eyes clashed with his light gray eyes which sparkled in the moon light. "Your father set the date, and the element of blackmail is on point so as far as I see it, I have no choice, so we have nothing to talk about."

"Preparations must me bade for th-"

"You're the ones blackmailing me into this, its your responsibility, not mine." I said pseudo calmly "All I have to do is show up."