Chapter 17

Christmas is over and school starts in two days. Demetri has let me go back home so I could start preparing for school and stuff. After that day that be brought me home to get my car, I've been 'behaving myself'.

Well that's what he thinks.

I've actually been working out a plan on how to get rid of his annoying ass. I've been through almost every Greek, Roman, Egyptian and even Celtic supernatural books which should have ways of rejecting mates but I found nothing. Well nothing that I can use, they have the process of rejection but none of them will work on alphas or royalty, ANY form of royalty. It's sad really, because I don't think I can live with Demetri for the rest of my life.

   Since I've been home, Demetri has been calling me everyday once in the morning and once at night before he goes to bed to check up on me and make sure I'm okay. Of course I'm okay, as long as I'm nowhere near him then I'm okay.

   Currently sitting on my bed typing up a two thousand word essay for literature, I forgot all about Demetri and his issues. Later Violet, Freya and I will be going to the mall to get some stuff for school. Sighing in frustration, I pushed away my laptop and walked into the bathroom to take a shower. After my shower, I doned a pair of light blue shorts and a one direction T-shirt. -Yes, I'm a fan of one direction. They can really sing.-

I walked downstairs and into to kitchen to see it vacated of people. Well that good I guess, i thought to myself as I opened the refrigerator and pulled out a tub of cheesecake yogurt, the carton of milk, some strawberries and a pouch of Capri sun. I took an apple out of the fruit basket, the Cinnamon toast crunch cereal from the cupboard and a bowl to make breakfast. I threw some milk into the bowl then the cereal I proceeded to slice the apple when a voice called my name,

"Jessabell." My mother called quietly from the door way, her sudden presence surprised me and I jumped causing the knife that I was using to slip and cut my finger. 

How the hell did I not hear her approach?

"Shit!" I muttered moving my finger from over the bowl so as to prevent the blood from dripping into my breakfast.

   "I'm sorry." She said attempting to run to my finger. She ended up waddling because of her large pregnant figure.

  "It's fine." I mumbled running the cold water from the pipe on my injured finger. "What did you want?" I asked calmly not looking at her.

  Just as she opened her mouth to answer, my phone which I had deposited on the kitchen counter when I came in started ringing.  Mom brought it over to me and I answered without looking at the caller information. I did however have a feeling it was Demetri.

"Hello?"

"What happened?" A deep male voice filled with concern filtered down the line. Yup it is Demetri.

   "What do you mean?"

   "I felt pain, it's not mine so it must be yours, what happened to you?" He explained sounding a bit agitated.

   "I cut my finger." I said softly.

    "How?"

    "I was making breakfast and I cut my finger, but it's okay now." I said turning off the pipe and watching the cut heal quickly.

  "Be careful." Demetri said "I worry about you."

  "I'm fine."

  "I miss you." He responded

  "Mmhm." Was my reply and I could literally hear his frown. "I'll talk to you later" I said and hung up before he could respond.

   I went back to slicing my apples then arranging them in my cereal bowl with my strawberries.