Chapter 16- Going out

Waking up the next morning was horrible. Not that sleeping was any better for me. Awake or asleep I have to deal with Demetri. However when I woke up, I was faced with Demetri staring at me. How long has he been sitting there staring at me? I wondered idly as I got out of bed and made my way to the bathroom. I took care of my business, took a shower then exited the bathroom wrapped in a thick blue towel.
Going into the closet, I got dressed in a pair of faded blue jeans a long sleeve purple top and a jeanz vest. I took a pair of purple high tops which was decorated with lips into the room, I sat on the edge of the bed and began to put on the shoes.
"I have to go out today." I stated lacing up my shoes.
"Where?" Demetri asked sitting up in bed and looking at me, I knew he was looking at me because I could feel the heat of his gaze warm up my body.
I shrugged nonchalantly and replied with a simple"out."
"With who?" Demetri asked becoming agitated I could feel the air in the room prickling with the electric pulses of his agitation.
I turned to look at him raising my eyebrows at him. "Me?" I said but it sounded more like a question than an answer to his question.
"I'll come with you." He said throwing the sheets off his waist and moving to get up but he was stopped by my sudden "no" it came out louder and more forceful than I would have liked. And he stared at me with narrowed suspicious eyes.
"No?" He asked and I bit my bottom lip "And exactly why not?"
"I don't want you to come with me." I said simply and truthfully.
"Why?" He got up and came closer to me, so close was he that I could feel the heat of his body radiating into me. "Going to meet a boyfriend perhaps?"
"So what if I am?" I asked with a slight attitude. At my response, Demetri's eyes tinted purple around his pupils. At this sight, I stepped back because of fear. Well I tried to step away from him but he grabbed my upper arm and pulled me back to him.
"I suggest you do not play with me little girl." He said in a calm voice. I've never felt so scared in my life, He sounded very calm. But I knew that underneath is a deadly storm of anger.
"Where are you going Jessabell?" He asked again and I caved, I obviously didn't want him to hurt me and I can't exactly manage him right now so that seemed to be the smartest option.
"I just want to go out, I want to be alone right now." I said with a short sigh as I looked anywhere but at him.
"I don't think you should be alone." He said tilting my chin up to him. I looked into his gray eyes to see him looking at me with worry, his perfect lips pulled into a frown. He looked cute. I thought reluctantly.
I saw his frown pull up into a smirk and I sighed. Asshole.
"I don't want to be with you today, I need some space." I mumbled stepping away from him.
"What are you going to do?" He inquired and I frowned.
" I don't actually know as yet, maybe just go to the library and read or something." I muttered grabbing my phone and the blue juicy couture backpack from the chair. I walked past Demetri and to the door before I stopped and turned to look at him as soon as I realized something important.
"I need a car." I said looking at him as he pulled on jeanz and a black polo shirt.
Demetri's head snapped up and his eyes met mine. He raised his eyebrows at me and crossed his arms over his chest as he started at me.
His stare was making me uncomfortable and I shifted uneasily on my feet.
"I'm supposed to give you a car?" He asked and my eyebrows furrowed. Is he stupid or something? Of course you're suppose to give me a car, you took mine. I thought looking at him, with that thought, I remembered my car, what did he even do with it?
"Where's my car Demetri?" I asked and he smirked.
"At your parent's house." He responded still smirking. "Why? Did you want it?" He asked mockingly.
I frowned. He really loves tormenting me.
"Yes I want it." I finally responded.
"I'll drive you to get it." He said walking into the bathroom.
When he returned with his face washed and his hair combed. I could only assume that he had brushed his teeth too. He grabbed his phone, his car keys and a pair of ray ban sunglasses.
"Let's go," he said opening the door for me. I stepped past him and into the hall and stood behind him as I waited for him to finish locking the room door.
Demetri took my hand and intertwined our finger. I attempted to pull my hand free of his but his grip was as strong and as unbreakable as steel. He tightened his hold and I felt pain shoot through my hand.
"Ouch." I hissed trying to pull my hand away, now with renewed effort. More effort and much more strength than before. "Demetri please let me go," I begged as he continued to drag me down the hallways and down numerous corridors. He ignored me, of course and continued to hold my hand with a tight painfully unbreakable grip.
"Demetri, you're hurting me." I whimpered holding his wrist with my hand and trying to pull his away, he loosened his grip but did not let go.
"Sorry." He said flippantly as he lead me to an elevator that I had not noticed before. Was this always here? I thought to myself as we stepped into the elevator and Demetri pressed the button for the ground floor.
"Yes Jessabell, this has always been here." Demetri answered my unspoken question and I resisted the urge to tell him to get out of my head knowing that it would start a fight between us and when ever there is a fight between Demetri and I, I don't ever win. I may have only known him for like a week of something but I know enough to choose my fights with him. I know he's more aggressive than I am and that says something................. Actually that says ALOT!
We arrived at the ground floor which is actually the garage and I had to say DAMNNNNN!!!!!!!! So many vehicles. I'm literally drooling. There's a section for vintage cars, another section for modern cars, one section for sports cars, a section for jeeps, another for motorbikes, then there are the limousines, which all have the royal symbol and the royal flag on them. They're all just so wow. Just wow! I thought speechless as Demetri walked me over to a silver Corvette Stingray and I nearly fainted at the feeling of the leather interior as I suppressed the very intense urge to fan girl.
I lost all controll when Demetri started the car and actually hit full speed as we drove through the castle gates and onto the main road.
"I love this car!!" I shrieked excitedly as I threw my hands in the air and squealed like a kid on Christmas day.
Demetri chuckled at my excitedness. As he rolled the windows down. My hair blowing in the wind. "I'd offer to let you drive but........." Demetri said stopping at the word 'but'.
I turned to look at him with and expression of question, "But what?" I asked and he glanced at me briefly from beneath his shades.
"I don't actually want to." He said and I frowned and was about to answer him but he continued "And I'm afraid you will crash the car." He finished and my mouth fell open. How rude.
"I can drive you know." I said slightly offended by his statement.
"Yes, I know." He said and my eyebrows pulled together as I waited for him to say something else "But not a badass car like this." He smirked while glancing at me. Just as I opened my mouth to respond, he spoke again. " Besides girls like you can't handle cars like this."
What the fuck did he just say to me?!
"Excuse me?" I asked, my voice raising a pitch higher. "What do you mean 'girls like me'?" I asked getting angrier every second he did not respond, "Are you going to answer me?" I growled in annoyance.
"I meant girls in general, Jessabell."
"That statement is sexist as fuck." I growled, I hate it when people think that because we're females we can't do the things that males can. That's just wrong.
"Mind your language." Demetri snapped and I turned to look out the window after muttering a shallow "whatever ".
Just as I was about to pull out my phone, I felt fingers in my hair pulling hard. I let out a little yelp, more from shock than from pain.
"You really do have no manners." Demetri hissed anger lacing his tone "Maybe I should teach you some."
"No, let go." I said trying to pull his fingers from my hair as I remembered the last time he 'taught me manners'.
"Apologize," he said and I didn't hesitate to do as he said.
"I'm sorry." I mumbeled softly and he released my hair.
And just like that my morning was ruined. I couldn't get home fast enough. Well actually, I couldn't get away from Demetri fast enough. I don't want to go home.
After a while of tense silence, Demetri finally pulled up in front of the large iron gates to my house. Not waisting anytime in getting away from his upsetting presence, I jumped from the car and attempted to run through the gates and to the house.
"Jessabell." Demetri called as I started to sprint up the drive way. He called my name again but I ignored him, well until I felt a burning pain erupt in my wrist where the bracelet was. I let out a little scream as I clutched my wrist.
Demetri who had walked through the gates after me came to stand by my side staring at me with bright purple eyes.
"Stop." I squeaked blinking my eyes rapidly in an attempt to keep the tears back
"What's the magic word?" He inquired teasingly and I resisted the urge to punch him in the face.
"Please." I muttered reluctantly and the pain in my wrist vanished. Bastard. I thought angrily.
"If you weren't so damn stubborn, you wouldn't get hurt."
"What did you want?" I asked ticking to get away from him.
"I'll come pick you up later." He told me with a tone of finality.
"I'll be fine. I want to stay here tonight." I muttered.
"You are to spend your christmas at the castle with me Jessabell." He said looking at me with narrowed eyes. I really didn't want to answer him "I'll get you later." He said and I hummed in response to his statement. Demetri reached out with his hand and stroked my cheek. At the movement of his Hand I instinctually flinched and he frowned, his eyebrows pulling together in confusion.
"Why did you flinch?" He asked confused and a slight hint of hurt coated his voice. Ha hurt. Which part of him is hurt? I didn't answer his question and he placed both hands on my shoulders and shook me slightly.
"Jessabell?" He questioned
"I though you were going to hit me." I mumbled looking past him to the front door of my house which was open, my mother stood in the doorway silently watching our exchange.
"Jessabell, I won't hit you." He said placing his index finger under my chin an tilting my face up to his so he could look into my eyes. I gave a grim smile.
He leaned down and pressed his lips to mine softly. I kissed him back aware that if I didn't, he would force me to and my mother would have something mean to say about that and in truth I really don't have the energy to deal with her right now. Well I won't be dealing with her like a civilized person.
"Bye baby." He said softly hugging me to him. I reluctantly wrapped me arms around his waist and buried my face in his chest. No matter how much I despised myself to enjoy having the feeling of comfort by having Demetri close by or just hugging me, I would have to endure it because at this moment, in the arms of the mate I thoroughly hate, all I feel is pure bliss. And its unnerving to think that I can like the feeling of bring close to someone I hate so very much.

Hello every body. 🙋🙋 my most sincere apologies for the long ass wait. School has been whipping my ass!!! Anyway here is a chapter which I think was not worth the wait and I will try to update more frequently.