Chapter 42

Ever since that day after the mating ceremony, Demetri has been trying harder and harder to force himself into my life.

Every football game that I have, he's there.

Every Cheerleading match that I assist in, he's there.

Every outing that I have with my friends, he's there.

Every night I go to sleep, he's there.

And every morning I wake up, he's there.

Much to my dismay, he's also being caring and considerate of my feelings which makes it harder to hate him.

Its been four months since the ceremony and the press is dying to know when we're going to get married.

King Alexander inquired once when we were having supper one night and I had simply excused myself from the table and went to bed.

I don't know what Demetri told him and frankly, I don't care.

Today, the day before graduation and all everyone can talk about is prom.

Sadly, I have decided not to go and although I haven't told them yet, I know the majority of my friends will be disappointed. We had all planned to roll together as a group with our dates, but Demetri insisted that if I'm going to prom then he's going to be my date and I'm not going with him so I'm not going to prom at all.

Thank him for robbing me of all epic teenage memories. The bastard.

Its lunchtime and while everyone is at lunch, I'm sitting in a classroom by myself listening to music and trying to finish the latest homework that Miss Collinsworth had given me on the prehistoric forms of punishment for wolves who committed severe crimes.

I am almost finished with it but the short answer section of the worksheet isn't completed.

The essay is done and so is the multiple-choice section so the bulk of work is off my shoulders.

A text message appeared on my phone and as I picked it up to see who it is I noticed ten missed calls and five text messages from Demetri.

I quickly cleared those and found the newest message from Freya asking where I am.

With a quick reply telling her my location, I skipped the song and went back to my school work.

Ever since I learn how to control the mental block, I've kept it up all day, eyery day so that Demetri can't get to me. So he has to call me like everyone else.

The classroom door banged open and I pulled out my earphones as I looked up at Freya.

"Hey," I said with a smile.

"Where the hell have you been?" She inquired walking over to me with Dallas, Kevin, Irene, Kaitlyn, Monique, Rick, Derek, Todd, Emelia, Collin and Natalia in tow.

"I've been here all the while," I stated as everyone took their seats and started asking me about prom and who I'm going with.

The girls had planned to go dress shopping this afternoon and I had planned to accompany them before I decided that I wasn't going even though my dress was already made and so was Monique's and Freya's.

"Oh, didn't I tell you guys?" I began casually, "I'm not coming."

Everyone fell silent and looked at me as though I had grown two heads.

"What do you mean you're not coming?" Emelia asked, tears forming in her eyes.

Oh man, she's been super emotional for the last three months. She's five months pregnant and she's very tearful.