Chapter 10

<--- VOTE

"So what was that spell that you used?" I asked Gerrard a few days after my first intense training session.

We were both in the room that was reserved for me in the mansion. Gerrard was laying down on the bed and I was sorting through the many clothes that were in the closet.

"Which one?" he asked.

"The one where you made the spheres of fire in your hands," I replied, turning to him.

He smirked

"Don't worry about that one just yet," he told me.

"Why not?" I asked.

"Because, it is way beyond your current magical ability," he replied. I frowned.

"That's not fair," I said.

"Well, you're just a beginner at this point. You'll learn soon enough," he said.

"Yeah, whatever," I muttered.

I was really getting sick of people telling me that I was just a beginner. It made me feel inferior to everyone else, like I wasn't good enough.

I turned back to the closet.

A lot of the stuff in it was really dark. It reminded me of a bad-ass vampire slayer, like Buffy. There were so many pairs of black jeans that I couldn't count them all. There were black shirts of all kinds. There were black jackets and black dresses. It seemed to me like most of the attire in the closet was black. Whatever wasn't black was a dark crimson red color, a deep purple, a dark navy, or an obscure ivy.

"This looks like the closet of a goth," I said, pulling out a red and black lacey corset. Gerrard snickered from the bed. 

"You're on the dark side now; you have to dress like it," he said.

"That's so cliche," I commented. He chuckled.

"I do like this, though," I said, pulling out a black leather jacket. I had always wanted to own a black leather jacket, but felt like I wouldn't know how to wear it. But Gerrard always walked around with the same leather jacket on and he looked totally hot.

Well, as hot as a generic guy wearing a black leather jacket can look. I was in no way looking at Gerrard in that way. I had Trey. Trey was my boyfriend.

"What's my schedule for today?" I asked him, pulling off the hoodie I was wearing and slipping the jacket on. It was a perfect fit.

"You're going to learn some magical theory and memorize spells," he replied. I rolled my eyes and looked at him.

"Seriously? That's just like school," I complained.

"Except you'll actually be learning spells of substance. Not ones that help you turn off the lights," he said, his eyes glinting maliciously when he said the last part. I guess he was still bitter about the whole kick in the groin thing. I looked at myself in the mirror with the jacket on. It made my blonde hair and blue eyes stick out even more than usual.

"That looks good on you," Gerrard said.

"Checking me out?" I asked, turning towards him and raising an eyebrow. He smirked and got up, coming towards me. He put his lips right at my ear and I froze.

"As always," he whispered.

I felt a shudder run down my spine and he chuckled a low laugh, his eyes flashing brightly. I snapped out of my reverie and smacked him on the arm, which caused him to laugh more.