Chapter 11

A/N: Ok, just saying that I LOVED writing this part. I got to put in all of the corny, romantic, mushy things that are so hopelessly cliche, but so guiltily adored into this part. I had a BLAST writing it so it would mean the world to me if you guys VOTED. Thanks!

Christopher appeared in the back alley of my father's apartment late that morning. I was already packed and ready to go. When he rang the doorbell, my father and I were sitting silently at the dinner table, our breakfast untouched in front of us.

"Caley!" Christopher cried when I opened the door for him.

"Christopher!" I exclaimed, pulling a smile on my lips. He reached out and pulled me into a fatherly hug.

"Michael! How are you?" Christopher asked, turning his attention to my father, who had been watching the exchange between us with a sad expression.

"I'm well. And how about yourself?" he replied.

"I'm doing all right. It's just been busy at work what with all the break-ins and imposters," Christopher said. I raised my eyebrows and my father gave Christopher a look that silenced him.

"So, I promise to take good care of your daughter," he said to my father. My dad looked at me, his eyes downcast and navy.

We hadn't spoken much since the park incident. I think he finally understood that I would never forgive him for what he had done. But he didn't know that I now knew the truth about what he really did. He didn't know that I knew how he betrayed my mother and broke her heart. He didn't know that I knew how he destroyed the chances of me living a normal life because he was too blinded by his anger. He had no idea. And he never would.

"I know she's in good hands," my father said, his voice solemn. Christopher glanced between my father and I and then clapped his hands together.

"Are your bags in your room, Caley?" he asked me. I nodded. "I'll just go and send those..." he trailed off and without finishing his sentence, he walked off to my room, leaving my father and me staring at each other in silence.

"Take care of yourself, Caley," he said.

"Like you'd care even if I didn't," I replied, my voice cracking. I saw the visible pain that my words put him through, but he deserved every bit of it. I would never forgive him for what he did. Never.

Christopher came back out, dragging my medium sized suitcase and small carry-on suitcase behind him.

"Ready to go?" he asked, his voice bright and cheerful. I nodded and latched onto his free arm.

"Don't look so grim, Michael. I'll have her back in two weeks," he said.

My father forced a smile, but I knew that he wasn't upset because I was leaving him for two weeks. He was upset because he knew he had lost me forever.

"Good-bye," he said, his voice soft.

"Good-bye," I replied forcefully.

And then we were gone.

                                                             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sun was shining bright in Albany, where Trey's house was. When Christopher and I transported in front of the house, I saw a lone figure standing outside in front of the main entrance. As we approached, I realized it was Trey.

My heart was immediately overcome with unexpected emotion as I looked at him. He was pacing back and forth in front of the house, wrigging his hands together. He looked like he was muttering something to himself.