Chapter 21

A/N: Sooo this is going to be a really long chapter. But anyway, to get the full effect of the dance (as you'll see when you read) listen to the song and watch the video in the side first. Then start reading the chapter, but don't play the song again until you read this line:  "Once we heard the music start, we began walking into the ballrooms." The song is a perfect choice for this part and I think it'll add to the effect of the chapter if you can imagine the dance with the song in the background. Enjoy!

_______________________________________________________________________

READ THE NOTE FIRST!

"Guys, guys, guys! Guess what?!" Abbey squealed, running towards Trey, Lance and I with a paper in her hands.  We were sitting on the couches by the tall arched windows in the common room.

"I'm not a guy," I said pointedly as she stood in front of us, half breathless from running and half from the excitement that she couldn't hide.

"Guess what?!" she shrieked again, earning several glares from the students around her.

"You're going to get us jumped by the upperclassmen," Lance hissed, sinking into the couch.

"Will you just tell us?" I said.

"You guys are no fun," she pouted, plopping down into the seat next to Lance.

"Well, what's the excitement all about?" I asked.

She handed us the paper that she held and Trey and I leaned in to look at it.

"There's going to be a school ball!" she squealed excitedly.

"What?" Lance and Trey asked at the same time.

"A ball! A real ball! I've never been to one before. I'm so excited. What will I wear? How should I do my hair? How--" she started talking a mile a minute.

"Confuto," I muttered and her voice disappeared.

Her mouth kept moving and no sound came out. This caused Trey and Lance to fall into a fit of laughter and me to grin. When she had realized what happened, she glared at me and started moving her mouth again, with no sound coming out.

"What? What did you say? I can't hear you!" I chuckled. This made Lance and Trey laugh even harder. She smacked my knee and I caved in.

"Vox," I said and her voice came back.

"You're such an ass, Caley!" she exclaimed.

"I'm pretty sure that's the funniest use of a spell I've done on you so far," I replied.

"That was hilarious," Trey said, regaining composure.

"You guys are jerks," Abbey pouted. Lance was still letting out random guffaws. She shoved him to the side of the couch. "Especially you," she said. He looked at her innocently, his eyes watering. He had to bite his lip to keep from laughing. Once he recovered, he turned to her.

"So what color tie should I wear?" he asked. She looked at him incredulously. Trey and I exchanged a knowing look.

"What did you just say?" she asked.

"Uhh, what color tie should I wear? To match your dress?" he asked slowly, glancing at Trey and I to see what mistake he had made this time.

"What tie?! What tie should you wear?!" she repeated.

"Ok, what did I do now?" he asked, throwing his hands in the air frustratedly.

"Wrong question, man," Trey mumbled under his breath. I sat back and watched, extremely entertained.