Chapter 20 - Human Enemy

"Hmph!" Smokescreen grunted as the chains wrapped around his wrists flung him in the air, hanging under the ceiling. This is going to become a pain later. Smokescreen thought.

Bumblebee was already hanging in the air as well, but he went unconscious after one of the soldiers infused a sleeping serum after he fought them for quite awhile. He earned many hits, but that only made them angrier. Not a good idea.

"Where's Nicole?" Smokescreen spat, his glare piercing the back of the soldiers head.

"Who, the girl?" The soldier smirked, even thought Smokescreen couldn't see it from under the helmet. "somewhere secluded, I'm sure." He turned to him.

"Let. Her. Go. And maybe I'll let you live." Smokescreen growled, she was his charge. And he swore to protect her, no matter what.

"Hit me." The man snarled. He twisted back and grabbed a syringe, hooking it up to a thin tube with a bag at the end. He walked up to Smokescreen.

Smokescreen flung his leg at him, and the man dodged it, twisting his foot around, earning a scream from Smokescreen. The soldier smirked proudly as he stood back to his feet. He held out the syringe and took hold of Smokescreen's arm. Slipping it below his elbow, the rookie watched as blue liquid swam through the tube.
The soldier stood there, frazzled. Human blood is red. Not blue.

He removed the needle and took a step back, slipping out his cellphone and dialing a few numbers. With his back to the hanging man, he requested Silas's presence.

"I swear it is important," The man swallowed. "okay."

Within moments, the ugly scarred man stepped inside the room, a frown on his face as usual. Bumblebee suddenly groaned, heaving his head to look up, having trouble with how his face felt like it weighed a ton. "What's going on..?" he groggily asked, looking around the room.

"What is it?" Silas rolled his eyes at the soldier.

"His blood, it isn't red," The man stated before holding the syringe out for his leader to see.

"Hmm..," the leader hummed, taking hold of the bottle and bringing it close to his eyes. "What's this about?" He turned to the men suspended in the air.

"I-" Bumblebee didn't know what to say. He knew it was energon, for sure. But, how would he explain that he is an alien? These men did not seem like the kind type,they would probably just test on him with that information.

"Who wants to know?" Smokescreen altercated. He stared at the man with a small glare, although his lips forming a smirk.

"Why isn't your blood red?" Silas lifted his head.

"Blood is blue in veins, obviously," Bumblebee spat. It was true. Human blood is blue... before it is oxygenated, that is.

"This isn't in your veins." He growled in return and lifted up the syringe to show him.

"What's your point? It never had time to hit oxygen. It went straight into a tube!" Smokescreen added even though he had no idea what was going on or what they were talking about. He skipped the lesson about humans anatomy, stating it was revolting.

"STOP!" Silas shouted, anger boiling in his veins.

"You're going to answer my question," Silas grabbed Bumblebee's throat and choked him.

"N..e.ver.." Bumblebee croaked, and Smokescreen kicked him away. Bad idea. That only ended in him being punched in the gut and losing his breath. Curse this human body... he thought.

"Fine," Silas turned to his soldier. "Get him to answer, no matter what it takes. He left.

Back with Nicole, she was dangling from the ceiling as well, strapped by chains on her wrists. She was getting annoyed, all because the chains were chaffing her skin. Now she would have to wear bracelets to cover the marks! So not cool.

She stared at the soldier guarding the door. He hadn't moved since he chained her up. He just sat there, watching... waiting. It was creepy, and Nicole didn't know how much more she could take. But, she also knew trying to get him to talk wouldn't work, and she sure did want to bother him in some awful way.

Without second thought, she began to sing - or, scream in this case. "I'll be here 'cause you're all that I got, I can't feel the way I did before-"

"Stop that." The soldier jumped from the sudden noise. 

Nicole smirked. "Don't turn your back on me, I won't be ignored!"

The soldier growled.

"Time won't heal this damage anymore, don't turn your back on me, I won't be IGNORED!"

The soldier walked up to the teen and pressed his gun against her belly. "I will shoot you."

"No, you won't. You have to have orders, because you're a chump,"

"I am, a little bit insecure, a little unconfident, becuase you don't understand I do what I can, and sometimes I don't make sense,"

" I WON'T BE IGNORED!"

Silas stormed into the room, smoke fuming from his ears. He can't believe a child would do such nonsense, to be so stupid. She's kidnapped, and she can be killed on the spot. What is wrong with her?

"What do you think you are doing?!"
He demanded.

She didn't say anything and began to scream at the top of her lungs.

Silas punched her in the gun, causing her to lose her breath and she stopped.

"Now, I have a question, and i expect you to answer," he growled.

Nicole nodded.

"Where are your friends from?"

Nicole stayed silent, and Silas waa losing his patience.

"I asked where are your friends from?!"

"How should I know? I dug them out of the sewers like where you're from."
"Are they alien? There blood is blue."

"And so is yours, you unsalted french fry,"

He grabbed her throat, squeezing it tightly. "Why is it blue?"

"Do.. y..you think.. I g-go around C..check...ing people... S blood?"

Silas tightened his grip, before growling and pushing her head to the side. Walking back out the door, he paused to give his soldier an order.

"Try and get some answers,"