Chapter 21 - escapee

Smokescreen and Bumblebee flinched as they heard screams coming from the opposite of the base. They were now frantic. Their charge could be hurting, and they couldn't do a thing about it.

"Bumblebee... I.. I don't know how you managed to care for Nicole. She's crazy!" Smokescreen sighed, letting his head fall.

"She never acted like this with me. Don't ask me why, but she didn't. Although it doesn't matter right now, we're stuck." Bumblebee said in a depressed tone. He almost felt like giving up. He lost his role as guardian for Nicole, and he couldn't save her when she needed it most. Even more than the time she was on the Decepticon warship.

"I heard you were upset of losing guardianship with Nicole... and since you know her better, I why don't we both be her guardians? It's better than arguing with one another about it." Smokescreen suggests.

Bumblebee flashed a smile. "Sounds good to me."

"Quiet, you two." The guard ordered, lifting his gun to point it at the two. The two grumbled, staying silent once more.

Back with Nicole, she whistled mischievously. She didn't want to stay there any longer, and she had an idea of how to get out. The only problem was it would end up getting her back.

"Hey, hey, YO!" She called out to the soldier who instantly turned to look at her.

"What do you want?" The soldier growled.

"I wanna tell you who the other two are," she said innocently, and the soldier blinked, but he made his way up to her, anyway.

In a flash, Nicole kicked the man in the face with the front of her foot. The man staggered back, but stumbled into a cart from behind him. A lamp that was sitting on the cart dropped and landed on his head. Limply, his body fell to the ground, and Nicole smirked.

"Okay... now to try this," In all honestly, Nicole had never done something like this. The only reason she got the idea was because she got it from Doctor Who; a tv show about an alien, ironically.

She bit her lip as she contorted her wrist to the side, fighting back tears as pain seared through her wrist. Then, she heard a crack and let out a silent squeal. Nicole breathed in and cried as her wrist began to throb.

Glancing to her other arm, her left one, she wrapped her fingers around the chains and hauled her body up, allowing for her right wrist to escape, and the left one slipped out as well. She fell to the ground with a grunt.

Holding her right wrist up to her heart, she glanced around the room frantically and running out.

Nicole dodged where soldiers were, and she made sure to stay in the shadows. She already knew these guys were bad news, and she really didnt want to learn everything they did.

"Hey!" Someone called out behind her, and without thinking, she elbowed him right in the chin. He stumbled back as she took the chance and stole his gun. Lifting it up, she pointed it at the man.

"Get in." She demanded coldly, gesturing to the closet on the wall beside of them.

"Now, why the he-"

"DO IT!" Nicole shouted again, and then man's eyes widened as she pushed the gun closer to his chest, flicking off the safety.

He nodded quickly and stepped into the closet with his hands in the air. Nicole slammed it shut and locked it from the outside. Turning around, she huffed and flicked a lock of her golden hair to the side, walking away.

Inching her head out from behind a wall, she saw Silas walking towards her, but was looking to the side, talking to his co-worker. She dodged to the side into a slip in the wall, and they walked past her without noticing a thing. She breathed out.