Chapter 3

Chat POV

Three months later.

I held her hand all the time, I never left her side waiting for her to wake up. The doctors said there was a 75% chance that she wouldn't wake, she hit her head that badly that it had damaged her brain. They also said she might not remember things and that she may have amnesia. "Mari, it's me again, I know you are sleeping right now and maybe slowly drifting away. But I want you to know that I'm here and I will wait, I WILL wait. Even if it takes a hundred years, I will always wait." I kissed her forehead but kept hold of her hand. "Ch... Chat..." I heard her whisper, and she squeezed my hand. I swear she gave me a little smile. "Mari, please wake up. We need you. I need you! Please Princess, I can't keep going on my own. I need to see your smile, your beautiful bright blue eyes, to hear your laughter and to listen to your beautiful voice, everyday. Please just open your eyes, I'm begging you." I saw her eyes twitch, and she slowly opened her eyes. "Chat? Is that you? What happened to me? Tikki where's is she?" She said and she went silent. "She left to go to her master not to long ago, I'll get your Mum and Dad and Ayla to come in here and see you, maybe Nino will come too." I went to leave my she grabbed my wrist. I turned my head to look at her, she looked so confused. "Who are you talking about Chat? All I remember that's it's just me and you. Only me and you." I was shocked, she only remembers me, no one else. How can I tell her parents this?

Her parents took it the hard way, they tried to make her remember them, but she said she only remembers me. "Chat I want you to keep an eye on here, my sister is away traveling around the world and won't be back about a year or so. So please take care of her there?" Sabine asked and I nodded, once the doctors said I was able to take her home I took her to a... MANSION!! Jeez this is where Sabine's sister lives. It's bigger than my home. The gate opened to us. Mari ran down the stairs and jumped into my arms. "Hey Chat!! Your finally here." She sounded so happy, I wrapped my arms around her and hugged her as tightly as she held me. She drew back and I looked at her. She wore a black dress that barely went over her knees. Her under skirt was a bright green, like my paw print on my ring. Her shoes were the same colour with a little heels, her hair was long and straight and most of it fell over her shoulder and back like a dark blue river. She made my heart ache and I wanted just to take her in my arms and never let her go. "Do you remember anything Milady? Anything you think is important?" I asked her and she shook her head. "No but I think I should remember something. There's been something on my mind for a while now. There was a dark purple butterfly, by the oven in the bakery and it glowed when it was near me and that was before I fell and hit my head." She said, as she took my hand and led me into the house. She took me to my room, it was really nice. "I didn't know what you would like, so I just kept it basic is that alright? I did design most of it myself, but some of it came from Ayla, she had some spare furniture from-" "It's Purrfect Milady." I purred in her ear and she groaned as I wrapped my tail around her waist, she froze. "Mari... What's wrong?" I asked her and she spun around to face me. "My Mother is called Sabine right? And my Father is called Tom?" She asked, and I smiled and nodded. "Your remembering things aren't you?" She nodded and she pointed to my tail. "The day of the accident you did the same thing after I came upstairs after working at the bakery And I heard my Mum and Dad talking saying each other's names, I can't believe I forgot their names. But that purple butterfly by the oven, could that be Hawkmoth?" If she is right I was going to kill him for what he did to Hawkmoth, but I remember something. How will we find him?