Chapter 12

Mari's POV
"Tell me where he is! Come on you should know." Blanc kicked me in the stomach, and spat blood on the floor, I grunted as my chains rattled and dug into my skin more as I dropped to the floor once more. I looked up at the abusive monster as he stepped forward. "I don't know Blanc, and if I did I would never tell you!" I thrust forward towards him but I couldn't go any further as the chains straightened and resisted, Blanc laughed and yanked my hair backwards and pushed me against the wall. Making my head smash against the wall. "Blanc please let me go, I don't know where he is. Just please leave me alone!" I shouted as he dug his claws into my back. Ripping my dress even more. " That hurts" I cried and he didn't care he dug his claws more into my skin. Darkness started to form in the corners of my eyes, making me nearly lose my sight."Blanc I need her alive! Let her be. Come I need to see you!" I dreaded that voice, the voice that lured my into the darkness, who took my life away. HawkMoth! Blanc let me go and touched my cheek and ran his long claws over my skin, slightly cutting me. "I'll be back to get what I want." He said as I dropped to the floor like a doll that just had its strings cut. My vision blurred and I painfully fell into a horrid sleep.

Adrien's POV
"A... Ayla? What?! What?!?!" I shouted. "Adrien your Chat Noir, no wonder you were always so protective of Marinette. Don't worry I won't tell anyone, does your Dad know, and does Fe..." "We'll worry about that later, don't worry. We need to find Mari." I went to walk away but Ayla made me stop. "Does that mean Marinette is Ladybug?" She asked and I turned to her and smiled, and nodded. Ayla did a fan girl and then she calmed down when we heard a nerve racking scream. "Mari.... so HawkMoth is here, that..." "Language Petite Chaton. We don't need you going all Hulk on me. I just need you to think where would there be a secret room. In YOUR home! For crying out loud. You've lived here all your life and you didn't know there was a secret room? Boy are you useful." She mocked as we walked out of my room. "The first place I would look is my Dad's office, he never lets me in there." We walked all the way to my Father's office, and he was no where to be seen. "A...Adrien do... do you think your Father could be Hawkmoth? Because I don't believe he could he has everything." Ayla stuttered, as she went through draws looking for something. "He doesn't have everything, his wife left him when his son was only months old, he has been on his own and he left all the time because of his job, he didn't see his family much. And he wishes he could get back those years he could watch his son grow and to be with his wife again. I remember he said once 'I'll find you again Lindsey, even if I have to tear this whole city down, brick by brick.'" I told her as I looked at the picture of my mum, her long blonde hair was all curly and went over one shoulder, her dress was painted a bright blue. Like her eyes. I never knew my Mother, I was told she was kind, and I look a lot like her. Then I noticed, the picture frame was not on the wall right, I pulled it down, and looked at it. The was a lever there. I looked over my shoulder to see Ayla standing there she nodded. And I pulled it.

Mari's POV

I watched the snow fall around me, it was the early December and it was already snowing. I wore dark blue jeans, brown snow boots and a red coat. I was carrying a bag a gift for someone. My hair was down and flowed down my back like a river of dark blue water, I had my hands stuffed in my coat pocket trying to keep myself warm. Today was birthday, I was now sixteen. But the thing I find funny is that, I was born on the sixteenth day, sixteen years ago, at 16O'clock. And this year I'm sixteen. I breathed in the cold, icy air as I watched the Eiffel Tower come into view , I walked into the park and wondered around, for a bit. I slipped on ice, and fell. But an arm wrapped around me waist stopped me from falling to the snow. "You keeping falling for me don't you Pruuincess" Chat said, his hands were cold on mine as he pulled me to him, his body was cold as ice. "Chat your freezing, didn't you bring a coat at all?" I said hugging him trying to make him warm. "It wasn't snowing on my way here, so I didn't bring one." I opened my bag, and I smiled. "Good thing I brought another one. You are so reckless." I told him as he pulled out a black coat, the collar had white fur sewed to it, so did where the buttons were meant to be. "You made this for me? Mari you didn't need too, it's your birthday I should be the one giving you gifts." He said as he tried it on. I nodded, and hugged him tightly. "Merry Christmas Chat." I kissed him, and he kissed me back. He had a box behind his back all this time, I opened it. It was a black dress with a bright green outline. "Mari could I take you to dinner, and would you wear this dress for me?" I nodded as we walked hand in hand, around the park. And then... Chat Blanc came. And ruined this wonderful day.

I woke up screaming as someone yanked on my hair, it was DarkBug, her black and purple dress, flowed around her feet like a river of darkness. Her purple eyes, were gazing into mine. "Have you thought about my offer, Marinette? I can take this pain away, give you back everything. We can make our darling Chat see that we don't need his help. That he is a weakling." She said as she lifted my head up with her staff , I frowned as I threw myself at her, but got stopped as my chains straightened, Dark fell back and stepped away from me. "Chat will always come back for me, he never gives up." "But where is he? I'll show you." She showed me. Chat was hugging some other girl, and then he kissed her. My heart and soul finally. Shattered! I screamed in pain, and sadness. "See, and now we can prove you don't need him, prove him that you're an amazing, brave and confident woman, and you don't need a man." She extended and hand to me... I looked up at her and I...