Taster

🙀

http://66.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcyk4jIfqg1rv0soro1_500.gif.

"Hey," Stefan's arrival stopped Care from scolding me on my food intake.

"Hey," Elena greeted.

"Awww, Steffie. Look who couldn't resist an epic romance" I teased, feeling slightly better as he kneeled down next to Elena.

"Do you mind if I disturb you guys for a minute?" he asked her before whispering into her ear.

"Awww, you two are more adorable than a fluffy kitten" I cooed as she nodded to whatever he whispered.

"Can you come on a quick walk with me, Kat?" I was addressed by the vampire as he stood and held out a hand towards me, I frowned to Elena before hesitantly slipping my hand into his grip--why does he need quiet time with me? My eyes narrowed as suspicions ran through my head.

We started walking, my route of conversation attempting to distract him in case his need for this little chat would be to check on whether I'm doing okay--I don't need this Salvatore hovering around me when I've finally shook off the other one. "You're breaking the rules, you know" my comment received his iconic frown, a look that caused me to chuckle. "Movie night's supposed to be a distraction" I sighed, thinking of that response. "Tomorrow we can return to our regularly scheduled drama" we stopped walking when we reached a sheltered tree.

"I know. I wish this could wait, but it can't..." he scratched the back of his neck and looked down for a moment. "Listen, um, the other night when Damon was helping Tyler, something happened" Stefan turned his eyes to me.

"What?" I allowed my face to take on yet another confused look.

"Tyler was starting to transform, and...Damon was bitten" Stefan finally answered and my eyes widened.

"What?" my question held panic. "Is it--Is he gonna--" I couldn't help but stutter.

"Yeah," Stefan answered the unasked question.

"Oh, my god" I breathed out "Of course, that explains it..." I trailed off while pulling at my hair slightly.

"What Kat?" Stefan probed.

"He came to the house this morning, tried to apologize, said he needed my forgiveness. I practically slammed the door in his face" I felt ashamed of my own actions, even if Damon is a d!*k.

"He told me not to tell you, but I figured if you wanted to talk to him, I--I wouldn't wait" Stefan informed me.

"Stefan--" I was about to apologize when he cut me off.

"It's not over. There might be a cure, but I have to find Klaus to get it" he dropped the bomb.

"No. He's gonna kill you" I shot down the idea completely.

"No, he had the chance to kill me, but he didn't" Stefan reminded me "Whatever Damon's done, whatever has led him here, I'm the one that made him become a vampire in the first place, so if there's a chance for a cure, I owe it to him to find it."

I scratched the insides of my wrists as he explained, feeling my breaths start to pick up speed at the thought of a dead Damon. 'He's a d!*k, but annoyingly he's under my skin, and through all of this--the time he's been in my life, he became my friend--he can't die, it's out of the question!' I was so focused on my thoughts that I didn't notice Stefan stop talking, I only came out of my mind when strong, comforting arms pulled me into a hug. "What are you doing?" I frowned over his shoulder, unable to stop the nice little feeling that came over me at the thought of him caring for me--it's the cliffside all over again...

"Go talk to him. Just tell him that there's still hope. You're the only one he'll listen to" Stefan admitted to me, before pulling away.

"I'll get through to him, Stefan" I promised with a forced smile. "You just be careful--I don't have time for two more funerals(!)" he simply rolled his eyes at my humor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AF3R35BEWw.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Enjoy this little slither, I'm hoping it'll keep you on edge and excited for tomorrow--don't forget to add this story to your library to be aware of actual story progressing updates, aaand...

Thanks for reading x