Chapter 19: I Always Wanted To Be Cremated

😼

https://24.media.tumblr.com/d31bb501bfc86e8cbe7f9cd49daa3d4d/tumblr_n06c1rg5FJ1tnja9xo1_500.gif.

"You don't have to worry, Caroline. It's my own mess" I promised.

"I can't help it" I sighed at the response.

"Just go and speak with Elena and Bonnie, see if you find out anything new an--" she cut me off.

"We need you, though, you're the only one who actually saw her spell" Care reminded me.

"Care, I've explained everything to Bonnie, she'll be able to try it" I promised.

"Then, just come with me anyway" she pushed.

"Care, I get what you're doing. I know you hate it when there are any separation and tension, which I normally cause, but I only told Elena about the kiss, my emotions--everything, last night. I'm not expecting her to forgive me when it's barely been twelve hours, I'm not expecting her to stand in the same room as me and talk about killing the originals, and I most certainly don't want to push her away from you and Bonnie when she might need you the most. Go, do the spell, then text me the second she's out of the house" I ordered.

"...Fine" she rolled her eyes and accepted, I couldn't help but grin as she left me alone in her bedroom. Guess now I just need to not die of boredom for a few hours...

-TIME SKIP-

I whistled slightly as I stuffed what I needed into a duffle bag: spare clothes, undergarments, PJ's, toothbrush, blah blah blah...An endless supply of waste that I was barely focused on. Everything Care told me about the conversation this morning jumped to the front of my thoughts: all originals die tonight, Bonnie and her mom are Witch transmitters, Elena went over to the boarding house to talk to Stefan and turns out Damon screwed Rebekah, a fact that sadly didn't irk me.

Echoing knocks sounded throughout the empty home, pausing me in zipping up all I'd need. I frowned and left it all as it was before making my way downstairs, forcing a smile and opening the door. God knows who it is considering everyone I know would just walk in without a second thought. "Katalina" Elijah greeted.

My smile relaxed into a more believable one, "Elijah."

"I don't mean to intrude. I was, hoping you might accompany me. I want to show you something" he offered.

"Sure" I nodded, simply grabbing my jacket from a hook and leaving, locking the door behind me before following him to his car. I'll come back for my stuff later, might plan a great heist mission or something. "So, where are we going?" I broke the silence of our drive as we turned down a path surrounded by woodland.

"To a memory" he simply said before slowing the car in the middle of nowhere, I'd be worried but this is Elijah, so..."Forgot how much I missed this land" he commented as we exited the vehicle.

"I can't even imagine what it must have been like a thousand years ago" I stated basic facts as we walked slightly, him steering us subtly in a certain direction.

"You know, your school was built over an Indian village, where I saw my first werewolf. The town square was where the natives would gather to worship. Matter of fact, near that, was a--there was a field where wild horses used to gaze" he motioned to the vast area around us while speaking.