Chapter 24: Don't Go Ric...

😿

http://31.media.tumblr.com/5e319a9ef2ef742bb21918401806e209/tumblr_mnzsxbu4lk1s28iwao1_250.gif.

"So, Alaric is trying to pull himself together. Why is that a bad thing?" Care asked while directing me around the school hall--'Why did I have to be friends with the most activity involved person ever?'

"Because then we'll have no clue if he's blacking out and turning into his murderous self" I shrugged and picked up a decorative chandelier, "Where do you want me to hang this thing?"

"Ugh, you know what? If Rebekah wanted to hang this monstrosity, she should have shown up to do it herself" she took it off me and handed it to a passing student, "Just, no...What are you doing? You can't just hang them. They're supposed to trickle down" Care scolded Matt and Jer for their star display.

"Easy, Care. Do I need to get you a Snickers?" she rolled her eyes at me before turning back to Matt and Jer.

"Look at them, all bromancey" she smiled.

"Yeah, I asked Matt to help Jer readjust. He even managed to get him his old job back at the grill" she looked back at me.

"That was nice of him" she spoke quietly as I moved some streamers from their packaging.

"Mm-hmm. Jer's got a lot on his mind, the whole Alaric thing's got him really stressed out, so Matt agreed to help on the job and readjustment front so he wouldn't close himself off" I explained.

"Are you sure the stress has nothing to do with you bombarding him with all of your relationship problems?" she turned fully to me.

"I didn't tell you that so you could torture me with it" I reminded her.

"Ah, what are friends for?" she grinned and I chuckled, "Sooo, while we're talking about your relationship's--Who are you bringing to the dance?"

"What do you mean? I thought you, Bonnie, 'Lena and I were going as girl dates" I decorated myself with a feather boa while speaking.

"Bonnie has a date" she chuckled.

"What?" I pulled the feathery trap from my neck.

"Jamie called and wanted to see her, so she asked him" I threw the feather boa back in its box..."So, here's a thought. Why don't you ask Stefan?"

"Wait, you're not trying to force the situation like you did with him and Elena right? Because if so then I will not stand for it, Miss. Forbes" I refused.

"Come on" she pleaded.

"...I--I can't ask him on a date" I shook my head.

"Why not?" she complained.

"Because he doesn't want to feel Care. His plate is full of problems, I'd just make it worse by hovering around him like a lovesick puppy" I reasoned.

"I don't see what's holding you back. Elena gave her blessing and you two are back to normal, what's the problem?" she pushed.

"What if I'm just pining?" I asked.

"What?" she frowned.

"What if the kiss was his brain in happy mode from human blood? What if any connection I feel isn't returned? What if--" she cut me off.

"Awww, you're so in love" she sang, "The overthinking and panic proves it, it's adorable!" I glared as she pinched my cheek slightly.--"Anyway, you're asking him whether you want to or not" I gave her a look, "And I'm not going down without a fight" I groaned at this.