Chapter 14: Nobody's Safe

😾

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/25900000/Stefan-Katherine-3x04-katherine-and-stefan-25920845-500-281.gif.

'Katherine. Isobel. Jenna. 'Lena. Tyler. Stefan...Katherine! Isobel! Jenna! 'Lena! Tyler! Stefan! KATHERINE! ISOBEL! JENNA! 'LENA! TYLER! STEFAN!...Me...Klaus has ruined my life more than once, and still he goes unpunished...' This is exhilarating! The anger from our failure fueled me as I ran on my morning jog, thankful traffic isn't about this early in the morning.

Elena seems to be in a weird state since I told her about Stefan's betrayal, she's upset Klaus isn't dead, upset my life still continues to be in danger but with Stefan...she seems blank. She had no emotional reaction when I told her of what he did, there was a little sadness that flitted across her features before confusion replaced them. She always seems like that lately, confused by her own thoughts over god knows what...

Reaching the end of another street I slowed down, checking my watch to see I'm almost done I smiled at the burning in my lungs, how my legs ached, how I just wanted to collapse, not yet, though. Hearing a similar thumping to how my steps sounded I turned my head slightly to see a guy running the same way as me, now call me paranoid but he just came out of nowhere and now I'm worried he's following me.

Here's a challenge then, turning in a not too obvious way I started running in a winding direction, let's see if he can keep up--see if I'm right. I sprinted, turning every corner I saw, excited to see him trailing. My muscles protested against my increase in speed but I didn't care, I was reveling in the slight stabs of pain only motivating me to move faster. I couldn't stop, I didn't want to. I continued until I turned another corner and ran into the guy who was trailing me. Well, someone's not human.

I panted slightly at the sudden stop, my body taking in the moments of rest scared for when it would stop. The mystery creature before me pulled down his shady looking hood and removed his headphones, I guess he's kinda cute. "Excuse me. I should have been watching where I was going" he panted, heavy breathing and beads of sweat on his forehead portrayed he was human, I'm still not convinced, though. I sent him a large smile.

"Don't worry about it. My own fault, I really should pay more attention. I guess I just don't see many runners at this time so, I don't really feel the need to be careful" I shrugged, never allowing my grin to drop.

"You have a nice day" he smiled before moving to jog past me.

"You too!" I called after him with a wave, still grinning. He sent a smile back before turning the corner, successfully jogging out of sight. I allowed my face to relax, so I wonder why I'm being followed.

-TIME SKIP-

"I'm being followed" I point blank admitted. "It's not paranoia--" she cut me off.

"Even though you have a right to be. Klaus is still out there, and he knows you tried to kill him" Bonnie justified.

"I'm not paranoid, that guy followed me for 3 blocks straight then when I turn a corner he runs into me. He's not human and he was following me, why? Could this be Klaus' big thing? Trying to scare me? Is he finally making his move or am I going crazy? Am I just slowly spiraling into insanity(?)" I sighed and dragged a hand through my curls.

"Join the club. Every time I close my eyes, I have that nightmare on repeat" I frowned at her.

"The same dream?" I threw another question on top of the many I'd already asked.