Chapter 3: Letter's To A Friend - Part 1

😾

http://25.media.tumblr.com/5e6988debb8ef9e328feb4c66501cd16/tumblr_mxddeoul6V1qdoecso8_r1_250.gif.

#1)

'Stefan,

You've been gone a whole week. And even though I didn't expect to notice(!)...I miss you. Elena struggles more and more every day, her faith in you returning dies slowly every morning she wakes up.

Jer and I are continuously trying to get her out, make her leave her room. She surrounds herself with everything that reminds her of you, going over the memories again and again like it's a broken record. I feel horrible as I watch her, especially when all my attempts to cheer her up, bring that smile back...they all fail. Damon's also upset--blames himself for why you're gone. You may not believe me or expect it but he revealed a lot on his temporary death bed, he's sorry. All those years he blamed you and caused you misery, he's sorry for it. I know he wants his brother back, desperately. Unlike Elena he doesn't cry in his room and think of you 24/7, he drinks away his emotions, classic Damon.

And here's me. You're probably really confused as to what your reading, well let me explain. I feel bad about all your missing because you're stuck with Klaus, so each week I'm writing to you. I'll talk and explain all I think you should know through these weekly letters. However, because I don't know where you are exactly, there all gonna stay in my room until you return. Something I hope happens soon considering I'm not the most poetic of people.

I hope your okay, still have your humanity on, and will be home soon.

Love, Kat.'

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

#2)

'Stefan,

Two weeks and counting. Elena leave's her room now, only for meals but at least it's progress, right? I sit with her most days, thankful it's the holidays and she doesn't have school stress to fight with the stress of missing you. We talk a bit, not very thought out conversations that lead places. It's mostly her asking how everyone is, I answer then she continues to stare at her necklace blankly.

She hasn't let go of it since the night after your disappearance, she took it off and refuses to put it back on, she refuses to explain her reasoning for the action. Maybe wearing it gives her hope she knows is false? Damon's getting less miserable also, though he has moved from drinking his worries away to focusing on Mystic Falls female population. His excuse always being "Wouldn't you rather I slept with them then ate them?" Each time he says that it causes--...something, to build up in me. The reason for such emotions, we can discuss another time.

Jeremy's also acting strangely. I guess in the first week I was too focused on Elena to notice, but ever since his experience at death's door, he's spending more and more time on his own. Whenever he's around he's normal, happy, or at least trying. Maybe I'm over-reacting. Maybe he's just trying to get better after Jenna and John's death without turning to the easy way out, falling back into the temptation of drugs. Tyler's officially staying for good, Matt and Care still won't speak, Bonnie's trying to be as supportive as possible, and Alaric...He's taken Damon's advice, now spending his day, drinking away his troubles.

I'm fine, I hope you are too. Hope your still fighting, not allowing the blood to consume you. Good luck.

Love, Kat.'