Chapter 18: Im So Sorry, Elena...

🙀

http://66.media.tumblr.com/2418066a13cdedeb8915f42337f1477b/tumblr_nwqk8ygbXt1sgijyeo1_500.gif.

"How are they?" Matt worried when I returned from Alaric.

"Elena just needed a little check up, but Ric's resigned to spending the night in observation, so long as I promise to change the lock on the house then Elena plans on spending the night by his bedside, Damon on speed-dial in case the nutjob reappears to finish what they started" I sighed, "I just got a call from Bonnie, she and her mom are fine. Have you talked to Care?"

"Yeah. She's holding it together, considering how close she and her dad used to be. Any word on who was behind all these attacks?" Matt questioned as we started walking to the hospital exit.

"No. Sheriff Forbes said that there're no real suspects at all" I frowned my answer as we reached the exit. "How are you dealing with everything?" was my question as we started walking across the car park. "I mean, you keep getting dragged into all this."

"Honestly...I'm kind of lucky. The only thing, that I have to worry about for tomorrow, is showing up for my shift at the grill" he breathed out.

"Thank you, for everything, today. Really. You are such an awesome friend Matty" I smiled as we reached my car.

"Get home safe" he returned the smile.

"Thanks" I whispered to his retreating form, making it's way over to his truck. I got into my own car, setting everything up before waving to Matt's truck that was driving away in my rearview mirror. With another of many sighs, I reversed, only to come to a sudden halt as a loud clunk sounded when I moved back. "Did I hit someone?" I muttered to myself before unbuckling my seatbelt and rushing out of my car, finding nothing when I moved to inspect the back...that's odd...

I frowned while turning back, only to come face to face with a blonde and brainless ponytail, looks like someone's awake. "Drive much?" Rebekah shook her head.

"Blondi--" I was cut off by her gripping my throat tightly and holding me against my car.

"Suprised?" she tightened her grip. "You drove a dagger through my back, Kat. It hurt" she growled before attempting to bite my neck, something I expected and was able to force down a scream for. But instead of a painful stab at my neck, there was whooshing and another clunk. Elijah appeared to be holding Rebekah against my car by her neck, keeping her at bay. "Elijah."

"Leave" he demanded before releasing her, she took a breath before relaxing her features and standing straight in front of him. "Are you challenging me?"

"You're pathetic," says the one actually doing what he says instead of killing me for fun? "Both of you" and with that, she whooshed away.

I smirked and propped a hand on my hip as Elijah looked back at me. "Well...I believe we have a little catching up to do."

"Something I've been looking forward to since your brother showed up again, hot stuff" I winked.

-TIME SKIP-

"Kat!" my twin's voice called from downstairs, pulling me from my bedroom.

"What have I done now?!" I complained while shaking my drying nails, "I swear I didn--!...Hi..." I breathed when I saw the occupants in the kitchen, this is the first time I've seen Stefan since...