Chapter 22: Who Knew Blood Ran So Deep...

🙀

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy75/sugar-girl/katherinepierce1_zps9291d236.gif.

"Alaric Saltzman killed my father?" Care breathed in shock after I explained the Alaric situation fully to her.

"I'm not expecting you to be ok with this. But at least these herbs that Bonnie's giving him, they're--they're healing him and they're keeping the dark side buried" she scoffed at my reply.

"Yeah, and that's supposed to make everything ok?" I stopped her from moving further as she did a little gasp for air.

"Don't cry" I held her arm as she took a calming breath. "This is in no way ok. It's horrible, tragic and one of the worst things that could happen. Like I said, I don't expect you to be okay with this--I don't even expect you to forgive him. But this is Ric, not an evil killer, it's Ric. Someone who didn't ask for this to happen and feels so guilty for what his alter ego did. It's a force of supernatural d!*kery that just happened to him, he had no say in it whatsoever. Like Tyler over being a werewolf, me a doppelganger, you a vampire. Whether we like it or not we're stuck like this, and we get a lot of baggage because of it."

"...Oh, Katalina Gilbert. Savior of the cursed and the damned" she joked while linking her arm with my own before we continued out little walk in the wood, a peaceful trek cut short when we stumbled across Elena and Matty.

"Hey. What's with the, uh, cryptic secret meeting text?" he questioned us.

"Beats me. Stefan just said to meet here" I shrugged as Care unlinked from me.

"Where's Bonnie? Texted her, too" speak his name and the devil shall appear.

"Uh, Bonnie's mom bailed on her. Again. So, I think we should leave her out of this one" Care explained.

"What are we doing here?" Matt's tone expressed the discomfort.

"We found some more white oak. Long story. Wait for the movie" Damon answered.

"Hang on. White oak? You have a weapon that can kill Klaus?" I couldn't help but grin at the news.

"Nope. We all have a weapon" Stefan threw a bag of stakes at our feet. Hmm, that's impressive. "Klaus has always been one step ahead of us, but now we have the advantage. We're all armed, and they are all linked. Meaning we only need to kill one of them. We need to seize the best opportunity, which means we need to prepare for every opportunity."

"Scenario number one--you get to play Klaus" Damon pulled me from our little line and stood me between him and Stefan, kill me now.

"Ok," I shrugged his arms off.

"Rebekah is our target. So we distract her and catch her off guard. To do that, we need to keep Klaus separate and occupied" Stefan motioned towards me then turned back, "Caroline."

"Why do I always have to be Klaus bait?" she complained.

"Because he's obsessed with you" Damon reminded her, "But for right now, we need you, to play Rebekah" he moved her into a slightly different position, "We use the quarterback to distract her. Just keep her talking."

"How?" Matt questioned.

"Act interested. She's lonely. Desperate" Damon listed.

"Clearly, she slept with you" Elena's comment made Care and I chuckle.

"So did vampire barbie and your sister, so shush. Moving on, beefcake holds bombshell, I come up from behind her, grab her arms like this..." Damon pulled Care into position, apparently a little roughly since she exclaimed an 'ow'.