04

"Puddin', do we have stuff for pancakes?" I call out looking through the cupboards. In walks a tired Joker, green hair a mess and shirtless with baggy sweat pants.

"Kitten its 5am and last time you tried to make pancakes you ruined the pan." Mr J laughs wrapping his arms around my waist and pressing his body up against my back.

"Please puddin' I am desperate for pancakes!" I whine turning and looking into his sparkling emerald eyes. He laughs his captivating laugh and helps me gather the right ingredients.

"I'm going to try sleep a bit longer okay doll, wake me when you're done and please don't burn the house down." He separates himself from me and I feel empty but quickly forget the feeling and measure the ingredients. Im not too sure exactly how much I should add of each thing but I can always make small bowls and taste test individual pancakes until I make something Mr will like. I love to cook but I have a bad habit of forgetting that pancakes need constant attention. The kitchen quickly looks like it has been snowing, I seriously hope my puddin' won't be mad. My hair has gone from blonde to white without me even realising.

"What have you done to the kitchen kitten?" I wasn't expecting to hear his voice and I promptly fall over, a very full, very open bag of flour goes down with me. I scream in shock and hit my head rather hard on the wooden floor.

"Harley! You idiot!" Mr J cries out but I hear his rush towards me. I didn't risk opening my eyes, I didn't want them to be covered in flour. A hand helps me up and lightly brushes the white mess away from my eyes. Slowly I squint and open my eyes.

"Hey puddin'" I mumble expecting a slap or a hit but instead he lifted my chin and kissed me softly.

"Harley, did you get any pancakes out of that mess?" He waved in the vague direction of the oven. I turn away from him and grab the one that worked. There was a small corner missing, I had to check if it was good first. I had the plate to Mr J and smile proudly. He laughs and takes the plate, took a bit and nodded.

"Not too bad doll." He smiled and finished the rest of the flat mess of cooked ingredients.

"I have work to do, please try to clean this up." He places the plate down on the counter and walks off presumably to his office. It takes what feels like an hour to collect the pile of flour into a bag and dispose of it. I felt bored and wanted to spend some time with puddin' so I go looking for him. I find him in his office, some blonde girl sitting in his lap. They were connected at the lips and probably lower down. I look for the closest thing to throw and it turns out to be a spare bat leaning up against the wall. Quickly and quietly I walk up to the pair and smack the little slut across the head and push her away from my man. I could hear Mr J laughing and I could see the large smile across his face. He was obviously pleased with himself. In a jealous rage I continue to beat the blonde who was on the floor screaming begging me to stop. When I see blood dripping from her nose I yell for her to get out and if she ever comes back I will kill her. She scurries out of the office crying and yelling at me I'm crazy. Of course I am, who did she expect.

"How could you?! Who do you think you are cheating on me like I'm some common whore!" I yell infuriated and slap him across the face. I see the rage building inside of him, I knew he would snap soon so I got out of there.

"Get back here Harleen!" He calls after me but I run, tears blurring my vision and my fists clenched. He doesn't love me and I don't love him! I don't need him at all, I will be better off without him!

<><><><>That evening<><><><>

I had spent the day walking as far away as I could get and my feet were staring to hurt from my heels. The beating I could deal with but this? Him cheating on me was not okay. He claims to own me but that makes him mine! Doesn't it?