14

At the end of the isle there is a displayed crib that looks amazing. It looks as though it would go up against a wall. The back is raised and rounded off like a half circle, Carvings of animals decorate the chocolate wood along side it is an attached set of draws, flowers for handles. Ignoring all of the others I trace a finger along the smooth creation. 

"This is so amazing." I gasp turning to the lady who was helping me out.

"That is a favourite with most of the mothers who come here, you're lucky we often sell out very quickly but I think we have some left in the back room." She smiles. Grinning from ear to ear I nod enthusiastically.

"Definitely this one!" I confirm completely in love with the idea of being a mother.

"Now on to the mattress, waterproof mattress cover, and a sheet set." She claps her hands. Grabbing a large shopping cart we begin looking over many different sheets, some with pink floral decorations, others with astronauts. I finally find one that I can't help but love. Grey, black, white and black zig zags covering the blanket the top trimmed with white and copper coloured clouds. Picking the bag up with the blankets held inside I place it in the cart.

"I recommend you get multiple because little babies have accidents of course." The lady chuckles so I continue to look at the many on display. Finally I decide on a pale green with frogs and a brown and cream one with sheep. Its not hard to find a mattress and cover (which Tree ends up carrying because he wanted to feel useful.)

"Now you definitely need to get a monitor, very important." Moving over to the section with different brands and types of monitors. Some just for hearing the baby crying some to make sure they are still breathing and moving.

"Which is the best? Regardless of price!" I ask scanning the shelves. Laughing she reaches for one with all of the features labeled on the packaging.

"It's basically everything all in one, sure its expensive but it is well tested." She says passing me the box which I then place in the cart. Continuing down the isles we reach a selection of night lights.

"They are all so precious!" I squeal adoring all of the small lights, some that attach to walls some that are for little bedside tables and some that are placed in the crib and have a very dim glow. Picking up one of the many boxes with pictures of the contents I scan the image of a little ghost that is mounted on a wall, it doesn't look scary but more adorable and derpy. A tap on my shoulder brings me out of my daze thinking about how adorable this would look above the crib.

"Kiddo, J is nearly here. We will have to continue this another time." Nodding I place the light in the cart. Thanking the lady for her help we go to the counter, adjusting the cart so she can scan each item.

"Harvey, can you go grab the crib with this code from the back." He nods as she hands him a slip of paper.

"I sure hope you have a big car to fit all of this." She jokes placing everything in bags. Once Harvey returns with the large box containing the pieces for the crib I can't help but clasp my hands together and squeal slightly.

"This makes me so happy." I whisper to Tree as he picks up the heavy boxes and I grab the bags.

"Do you think J will come with me to buy toys and clothes?" I ask slightly cautious for the answer, I think I know what it will be but I still need to hear it from someone else.

"I don't think that would be a good idea Kiddo, he isn't normal, you can't be a normal family." Tree starts sympathetically, I cut him off since I have heard enough. I knew it and I know it, we can't be normal and no amount of baby supply shopping will make us normal.

"Lets go, boss is blowing up my phone and he will blow us up if we don't hurry up." Speeding up our pace we make it outside the building, shove the purchases in the back and get in. Turning to face him I see a gun, the barrel between my eyes.

"Puddin' what are you doing?" I choke out, scared for my life. Grabbing my hand he places the gun in it.

"For you, to protect our baby." He whispers in my ear, kissing my cheek. Relieved he wasn't trying to kill me I accept the gun and look over it. Engraved into the guns barrel is 'I love you pooh' my emotions start going crazy and for the first time in ages I cry happy tears. He does love me, he always has loved me!

"I love you so so so much puddin'!" Grabbing his face I kiss him enthusiastically, kissing me back he bites my bottom lip.

"Lets get home." Turning back to the wheel he starts up the car and we begin our journey back home. It doesn't take long to get home and when we do I can't wait to get inside.

"Tree can you please take the things up to the room just next to ours, I would really appreciate it." I smile back at him before getting out of the car and rushing over to J's side.

"Lets go to our room." He whispers in my ear leading me inside. A sudden cramp forces me to double up groaning, my knees weakening.

"Puddin'?" I mumble, reaching for his arm while lowering myself to the ground.

"Puddin' I really don't feel good." I complain, feeling something trickle down my legs. It can't be my water, its too early, what is it?! reaching a hand down it comes back up covered in blood.

"Puddin'!" I scream starting to freak out at the sight of it. I don't know much about pregnancy but I do know you're not supposed to bleed. Noticing me freaking out Tree leaves everything inside the car and rushes over to me.

"Lets get you to a hospital."