24

This chapter is dedicated to @Unicornshortie for all of their amazing support on the last chapter and through the entire book! It means so much, thank you so much and enjoy! Also since I hadn't posted since last year I thought I would do a double update ;) 

"That can't be so? Tree said you called and wanted them dead?"

"I swear I never did that!"

"How am I supposed to believe you when you shot me?! You tried to kill them yourself!"

"Yes, I know I did Harley and I regret that but I did not request for them to be killed. Where are they?"

"I'm not risking telling you... Purchase the things for our baby girl and I will tell you and bring them home. I will not let you kill them, I can't risk that."

"Fine." He says. Confused that he apperently didn't ask for them to be killed, I can't trust him! He's a killer, he doesn't feel empathy or regret, nothing! But maybe Tree is the suspicious one... What if he was making it up? But why would he? He always looks out for me...

<><><><>1 month later<><><><>

Joker hasn't done anything towards the nursery, he hasn't been at home much in general. I spend most of my time in bed, curled up holding my stomach, missing the familiar kicking, the wriggling, the heart beats. I want them back in my stomach, I want my bump back. I don't eat much, I don't feel the want to. I have no appetite, no hunger, no happiness but no sadness. It's all just nothingness. Joker has tried to show affection towards me but I just don't want it, I don't enjoy it, I don't care about anything anymore. Ivy hasn't contacted me since she picked them up and won't reply to my messages, I don't know where she is but I hope so much that my babies are okay.

"Pooh, I have a surprise for you." A voice calls out, I don't want to get out of bed, I feel like I physically can't. Coming over to me I feel a freezing cold hand on my shoulder, fingers wrap tightly around my skin.

"Come with me now." His voice is overly demanding but I still don't even want to get out from the comfort of the blankets. Pulling me forcefully out I crumple to the ground in a weeping mess. I feel arms wrap around my chest that pulling me up. A large slap makes me more aware of what is happening around me. I see J looking at me, a fire burning in his eyes. Fear radiates through me, the first emotion I have felt all month.

"Come with me right now." He pulls me along and down into the basement where I see a horrific sight... Ivy bound to the ceiling by her own vines, Hazel and Ace sitting beneath her playing with dead flowers but they aren't babies... They are toddlers? I know it is them, I recognise them. I finally begin feeling emotions flowing from me. Horror from the sight of Ivy bound unconscious, joy at the sight of my children and confusion at their dramatic age increase.

"Puddin'?" I turn to him, a devilish smile on his face.

"Someone was testing on our children, you should see what they can do." He smirks. I run over to them and hurriedly cuddle them. Cradled in my arms I look at their precious faces. Hazel has icy blue eyes, they look like they could cut through diamonds and the crazy part is her small curls are vivid green, even brighter than Jokers. Looking at Ace I stare into his golden eyes, yes golden. His hair is shoulder length and almost white it is so blonde. They are gorgeous, my beautiful children.

"Ivy has been testing on our children with her plants and chemicals. They aged because of it. I have something to tell you, you're going to be very interested in what I have to say. Let Ivy sleep, she can wake up and realise she has messed with the wrong people." I can feel my spark of mischief returning, a devilish grin spreading across my face, the toddlers mimicking my facial expression. Picking them both up I sit Hazel on my left hip and Ace on my right. Happy now that I have my children I follow Joker as he walk back up the stairs and into the living room.

"Now where do I start? I knew you were pregnant, I knew you were having twins, I shot you for a reason. You needed to go to the hospital and have the babies early because I had a bad feeling there was going to be a complication if you were pregnant with them any longer due to the effect of the acid. I contacted Tree and told him he needed to say that I wanted the babies dead, I needed to see if you had a specific connection to the children. Once you started showing signs of literally fading away I knew that you physically needed them around you. The acid passed down to the children and took a piece of you, if they are too far away you go into a deep depression. Have you noticed how thin you are? Your bones are jutting out and your hair has even started to fall out. I sent Tree to look for the children and he found Ivy injecting them with who knows how many chemicals. We don't fully know what it has done to them but the girl sure is intelligent and the boy is extremely flexible for a toddler. These children are more powerful than ever!" His eyes glowing with passion Joker continues telling me about what has happened to my children. Cuddling them close I stroke Ace's fluffy hair while Hazel traces patterns on her pudgy thigh.

"I will not raise them to be criminals, I want them to have a good shot at life. I want them to go to school, make friends and become something other than killers." I can see the disappointment in him, his expression changing from a crazy smile to a frown.

"You may teach them about guns and everything like that but you can not make them criminals. Swear to me." I pressure, motherly protectiveness surging like adrenaline as I hold my babies closer to me.

"Very well." Smiling I place kisses on both of their foreheads.

"Now lets go get some answers from Ivy."

"I have a better idea."