16

Twins, twins? How could they be twins? I wasn't expecting twins! Along with a high chance of preterm labor an birth?! I just wanted to have a happy and healthy baby, two would be amazing but what if they don't make it? I couldn't handle it if I lost them, they deserve a chance at life.

<><><><>1 Week Later<><><><>

Things are starting to get worse, I have bled twice more, I'm not allowed to leave the hospital yet, Tree has constantly been by my side. He won't leave and I am grateful for that. From sleeping in the small plastic chair to living off snacks from the vending machine and the occasional bite of my hospital food. I don't know what I would do without him. Joker is currently working on finding a successful doctor to look after me at home so I don't have to stay here.

"Kiddo, you okay?" Tree asks, placing a hand on my arm. I nod slightly but the effort of it surges pain through me. 

"I want to be home." I complain, tilting my head to the side a small tear of frustration slipping. Nodding in sympathy he pats my hand and adjusts the hair that had begun falling in front of my face. The blue and pink have been fading, just like my children. Shifting uncomfortably I struggle slightly to get comfortable.

"Won't J want you back to work?" I ask, my mouth feeling dry and my lips chapped.

"My job right now is to look after you." He smiles, looking down at his vibrating phone.

"J." He mumbles, exiting the room and holding the phone up to his ear. Miserable I cry out annoyed, I just want my puddin' to look after me but I'm stuck in here. A nurse comes in to check my blood pressure and iv.

"You okay? Do you need a pain killer?" Smiling at her I accept the offer for the pain killer since I am starting to feel pain all over to the point it is becoming numb. Swallowing it down with water that had been sitting on the windowsill for far too long I lay my head back and place my hands on my stomach. I have never been one to believe in a god but at this point I feel the need to pray for my babies as if it will make a difference. I already love them, so much. My very own children, my very own family.

"You and your babies seem to be doing much better, you should be able to go home soon but you will be needing to come in for your scans! They are important." Nodding I thank her, taking another sip of water. Tree soon walks back in pale face and scared.

"He's going to bomb the building."