15

Tree rushes me to the hospital, blood covering the seat. Joker had decided to stay at home as to avoid getting noticed and risking my safety along with the babies. I know what hospitals are like when it comes to seeing to people, I just hope they notice the seriousness of this situation.

"Hey, you take a seat here, I am going to talk to the receptionist." Tree says, helping me down. Crippling pain surges through me as I cry out. I hope this doesn't take too long.

<><><><>

Just hours later I am stuck in a hospital bed with a drip in my arm and nurses taking constant tests. Tree sitting in a chair by my side on the phone with J, a clock ticking on the opposite wall, coughs and sniffles from other rooms, beeping of a heart monitor. It's at a moment like this I start to question what would it be like if J and I were normal? We could attend all of the scans we are supposed to, make sure the baby is happy and healthy.

"Miss Quinzel, we would like to inform you of some difficulties in your pregnancy." Thats exactly what I didn't want to hear.

<><><><>

"Twins?" I mumble unsure if I am hearing this right.

"Are you sure?" I say just above a whisper placing a hand on my bulging stomach.

"A boy and a girl." They repeat, clipboard in hand scanning over the details. 

"This can't be so."