10

Pregnant? How could I possibly be pregnant?! I mean I know how but why me? What would Joker say? He has never been one to like the idea of settling down with a family...

"Quinn? Quinn are you okay?" Voices pull me from my trance, I hadn't realised tears were falling messily down the side of my face dampening my hair. Why do I cry so much? If Joker knew I was pregnant he would surely kill the baby... I'm sure I could keep it secret from him until he wants to have sex with me, he would surely notice a bump. For a while I could lie and say I'm just getting fat but eventually he would realise. Maybe I could avoid him, run to a hospital somewhere when I get too big and stay there?

"Quinn." Someone says again.

"Sorry, are you sure?" I mumble avoiding eye contact. They nod and I can't help but lower my head in shame, why wasn't I more careful?

"Your health isn't good, we have plans of what vitamins to give you and a diet that should boost you-"

"Joker will come for me so don't bother getting too much." They are used to me saying he is coming for me, sometimes it can take months so they probably don't believe me as always.

"Quinn he isn't good for you, you need to leave him. You will never have a proper family with him when you are constantly on the run from this place. The best idea for you would be to serve your sentence, get released and create a new life for yourself." It sounds like a reasonably good idea but I could never leave Joker, he's the only one who could ever love me.

"We also have some bad news for you." They continue. Nodding, waiting for them to crush my hopes I brace myself.

"It's too late to abort the foetus and you are not in your right mind to raise a child especially not in here. You will lose your child, they will possibly be adopted on further inspection of their mental health considering you and the Jokers... ailments." I can't help but scoff at how they labeled them as ailments like I don't know what that means. Anger raises in me as I use my one free hand to feel my stomach, I can feel a lump that I never noticed, Smiling wide and rubbing circles I feel a sense of relaxation.

"You're not taking my baby." I smirk letting my eyes close.

"Quinn, it's not your choice to make."

"And its not yours." I retort still rubbing my stomach.

"We weren't even going to tell you about the baby until you started asking questions-"

"Don't bother!" I snap, if I could I would stand up and leave promptly.

"Lets get you back to your cell." They huff, un-cuffing me from the bed and attaching them to both wrists. Shuffling along I can't help but feel an overwhelming sense of love for my developing baby. Joker and I are going to become a real family! He will make an amazing Dad.

<><><><>1 Week Later<><><><>

I have been waiting patiently for J to come back for me, it must be a tougher job than expected since he has already taken this long. I wish I could call him well not him but one of his henchmen who looked after me when Joker first took me, he gave me his mobile number some time ago incase of an emergency. I think this is classing as one. Peaking from the small gap in my door I notice a guard.

"Excuse me." I mumble, attempting to sound helpless.

"Sir I think I am going to be sick again!" I pretend gag, grabbing the mans attention. His head turns, vicious eyes staring in at me. Fluttering my eye lashes I pretend to whimper. I hate portraying myself as helpless and I hate the idea I have in order to get my phone call, lets hope it doesn't come to that.

"Stand back, don't try anything or I will bash you in the stomach!" He threatens, obediently I take a few steps back waiting for the door to creak open.

"Quick, I don't think I can hold it down much longer!" I beg desperately, forcing a tear to fall. I knew I should've become an actress. Quickly cuffing me, not wanting to deal with the mess I could create he rushes me down the hall to a bathroom. Originally I had just been puking in the toilet in my room but since other complaining of the smell I get taken to one of the staff bathrooms. Pushing me into the bathroom I stop as he tries to force me in the stall.

"Quinn what are you doing?" He threatens.

"What hours do you work? They must be long and hard. Do you have a girlfriend to go home to that relaxes you?" I question, moving myself closer to the man, I hated the way he started to smirk at me.

"How about we make a little deal?" I offer, smirking back hoping he will fall for it.

"A deal? Why on earth would I give you anything?" He laughs but he doesn't stop stealing glances at my chest.

"One tiny little phone call, not to the Joker but to a family friend. I would like to announce my pregnancy. I won't call the Joker I promise and even if I did you would be able to track the call." I try moving closer, attempting to convince him more.

"And what are you going to give me?" He smirks. Disgusted in myself in swallow down my pride, I have to go through with this.

"First the call, if i don't hold up my end you can always say I broke out of my cell. You know the punishments for that." I bargain. Another sick smirk and he nods, taking me to his office.

"One call Quinn and not to the Joker, not like there is anything he can do." Dialling the number I hope he answers.

*ring ring*

*ring ring*

*ring-*

"Who is it?" A gruff voice talks down the line, I hope to god this works and he remembers our discussion if I need him to pass on a message.

"Hello lovely, it's Harley. You know the one is Arkham?"

"Harley how on earth are you calling me?!"

"Its going fine thanks, can you put J on the line?"

"J? What I'm not with...? Oh go ahead."

"Hey J, it's Harley. Just wondering if you could tell the family that I'm pregnant. Yes it's the Jokers."

"Harley what the hell have you gotten yourself into?! A baby?!"

"Great, thanks. Bye!" I hang up and chuck the phone back in the guards direction.

"Now, hold up your end doll face." He snarls, placing his phone on his desk as he starts to unbuckle his pants. Shuddering I hope the moment will be over quickly.