09

slouched against a chair with my arms crossed, waiting for someone to come question me. J didn't brief me on what to say so I guess I will just have to be an emotional wreck.

"Miss Quinzel." Someone states entering the room with a collection of files in his hands.

"It's Quinn." I snarl, my eyes raising to analyse the man in front of me. Plain black hair, a suit and a stern look on his face. Same old, same old, no one interesting works here.

"What were the Jokers motives for dumping you to the police and leaving you there. He knows you would come to Arkham I presume?"

"Look kid, you must be new to this. Joker does what he wants with or without reason. Why he dumped me? Who knows, where was he going? Who knows, why didn't he shoot the lot of you? Who knows. He's the Joker, you can't predict him. He knows you guys look for patterns because in this field nothing is random so thats what he does. He will kill a person with no motives and there won't be a damn pattern!" I rant at this random person who was angering me and staring emotionless.

"There is always a pattern, these people don't just do things randomly." He states, trying to contradict my statement.

"Think what you want buddy. Can we get to the searching, jumpsuit and being locked in a room now?" I complain out of boredom, tilting my head back.

"Not until we get some answers from you. Quinzel." Anger rises in me and I feel ready to lash out. A smirk forms on his face and I can't help it, lunging forwards I grasp clumps of his perfectly styled hair and pull as hard as I can. Quickly and viciously I tear strand after strand while he screams in agony and demands security.

"I FUCKING TOLD YOU IT IS QUINN!" I scream in his face, removing one fist from his mess of hair I punch furiously at his face before I feel strong arms wrap around my waist and try to pull me off my victim. Determined I keep my grip on the mans hair and bite into his neck. The more I was tugged the more the man in front of me screamed in agony at the pain I was putting him through. Kicking out and biting down harder, I find myself enjoying their screams. I feel my shirt being lifted and a strong pulse of electricity weakens me, I feel paralysed. Crying out I loosen my grip and collapse in a mess on the floor. A foot connects with my head and I pass out cold.

<><><><>

"Quinn." My eyes slowly open, light entering and stinging them. Surrounding me is white walls, a white bed, white thin sheets and a staff member in white. Sensory deprecating, meant to drive me to insanity I guess. Next thing you know I will be served white rice and the only hint of colour in this room will blood from the the hand that dares pass the food through. I try to lash out again but I am chained to the bed and in a straight jacket. Of course.

"Kinky." I rattle the chains to bring attention to them and can't help but laugh at myself. Unamused the person in front of me starts talking about what I have done and what the consequences will be. I pay her no mind and get lost in my own, enjoying the dark places it goes.

"Harleen, please listen." There is a hint of a beg to her tone, I worked here I know all the tricks of the trade and begging is not one of them. The look on the girls face brings up feelings I haven't had in a long time. Empathy.

"What happened to you?" She sighs, lowering her vision to the clipboard resting in her lap.

"What did he do to you?" She mumbles, scribbling down something on the pages in her hands.

"Don't try to fix me, it's not going to work because I'm not broken." I attempt to comfort her but instead tears glisten, her eyes glossing over. I swear I remember those glistening chocolate brown eyes.

"You forgot me..." She trails off, tears start falling, slowly trailing down her cheeks. I feel no empathy for weeping psychiatrist, what has happened to me?

"We studied together, we were friends.." She trails off, sadly this doesn't spark any memories so I just stay still.

"Lets get you in a cell." She mumbles, removing one chain that was restraining me but leaving the ones around my hands. I don't attempt to fight instead I walk obediently towards my fate for the next few days. I hope J comes for me soon.

<><><><>

Waking up to a stiff back and shivers coursing through my body was not what I was expecting. Then I woke up properly. Shown off to the workers through a glass wall. Staring into the mirror and wondering if anyone was watching me I tug weakly at my hair. The vibrant colours meaning nothing to me anymore. Frustration, disappointment and confusion surges through my veins and I feel my stomach cramp, before I can control it I vomit on the reflective glass. Desperate gasps escape force small amounts of oxygen into me. Shuddering and sobbing I sit on the floor of my room, bile being the only thing coming up. My heavy cell door opens revealing a group of nurses, blank looks on their faces. Hands pull me up and tie me to the bed, gaging slightly I vomit again in a pile next to my head. Tears keep falling, the smell surrounding me makes me feel worse so I let out a cry of frustration and give into the weakness surrounding me.

"Get her to the medics." Someone says, I don't hear much else after that until I am woken by lights shining in my eyes.

"Harleen, we have some important news." A doctor says from beyond my vision.

"You are pregnant."