28

So I was thinking of ending this book at 30-40 chapters and starting a sequel about the twins when they are teenagers. What are your thoughts?

Keep this going longer and into them going to primary school (elementary)

Start two seperate books, 1 about Ace and 1 about Hazel

Start one seperate book as the sequel and swap between their point of views for each chapter 

Or if you have another idea then just suggest it :)

The twins have really started to go crazy, they make a mess and go through so many clothes each day, they scream, yell and cry so much and they have started getting faster at crawling so it is easy to lose them. Joker has been busy working a lot and when he's not he is always with Hazel. I have tried talking to him about spending more time with Ace but he has just been waving it off, why won't he love our son? I snap out of my daydream to feel Hazel playing with my hair, her own is still vivid green and isn't showing any signs of changing but it also doesn't seem to be growing. Ace on the other hand, his hair is growing like crazy, I try to keep it shoulder length but that results in cutting it every week, no matter what length I cut it to within the next week it is down to his feet. I have started nicknaming him Rapunzel, he just giggles at the comment. I feel as though these children have changed me and the Joker so much to the point we are no longer who we truly were but I didn't seem to mind, I enjoy being normal. Brushing my fingers through Hazel's hair I feel relaxed and notice Hazel is making a small purring noise, like a higher pitched versions of her fathers. She really is a lot like her father, not just by looks but her actions already. Slowly the purrs become more spaced together and turn into tiny snores before becoming silence.

"Harley?" Joker yells for me, dragging my attention from the twins.

"Yes?" I reply waiting for another reply but when I don't get it I sigh, stand and make my way to his office.

"Harley I need your opinion on this scheme." He hasn't bothered to work on schemes for so long, why is he focusing on them again?

"J you're a father now, why not give up on the bat? We could have just a regular family like everyone else." His signature laugh fills the room.

"Don't be silly Harley, I need to get back to my regular self. I have been slacking recently and we can't have that. Now look at this and tell me what you think." Giving in I take the file from him and scan over them.

"You want to use Hazel?!" I scream at him, tossing the files to the ground.

"It will be a great experience for her! She can learn young and continue the legacy." He says so calmly as if dragging a baby into crime is okay.

"You want to use my baby girl to lure out the bat! Are you crazy?!" I push him from the chair and onto the floor, before he can stand I begin slapping, punching, kicking. A rage fills me, I have to protect my little girl and I will not let him risk her life. A chorus of cries suddenly surrounds us, Hazel... It's Hazel's cry. Caught off guard Joker forces me off him, kicking me in the head. Dizziness consumes me and all I can see is Joker grabbing Hazel and leaving the room. Frustrated with my lack of ability to move I cry out frustrated, what is he going to do?

<><><><>

My eyes open to a bright light, I'm tied in a plastic chair, surrounded by white walls, bright lights. Directly in front of me is a small television and on it I can see Hazel sitting on the side of the road, happily clapping her hands and sucking on a pacifier.

"No, no, no, no!" I scream struggling in my seat, attempting to remove the restraints. Laughs fills the room, echoing off the blank walls and roof.

"Have fun Harley." Jokers voice fills my ears but it feels as though it's in my head.

"Joker let me out! Give her back!" I scream, yelling over and over I feel my voice cracking and my throat drying. Tears stream down my cheeks as I am forced to watch my daughter sit unknowing to the possibly danger around her. Slowly I silence myself as I hear noises coming from the TV. Her small gurgles and the swooping of a cape, Batman stands on the other side of the road, looking over at my precious child. He better not take her away, he can't take her! She is mine! Another laugh pierces the silence except this time I know it is coming from the TV and not somewhere in this room. Bullets pelt furiously at batman, within moments people run towards Batsy and pull him to the ground, there are too many people for him to take on as the shooters join the pile of people dragging bat into a van, stripping him of his armour. Batman is going to be revealed... Once and for all.