08

Joker agrees to taking me home thank god. As soon as I get in the door I make my way to the closest bathroom to shower. I was covered in sweat, tears and the sent of vomit. Dizziness curls around me, forcing me to the floor in a daze. Slowly I feel my body go limp and my vision fade.

"Harley? Harley what the hell are you doing?" Strong arms wrap around me, I don't know where I am or what I was doing. I could tell that I was soaking wet and the thumping of falling water fills my ears. With much effort I let out a huff, desperate to take in my surroundings. Mr J lowers me to the ground, his soft hands stroking away stray strands of hair. Slowly my vision clears and I see a concerned face looking down at me.

"Whats wrong with you? You crazy girl!" He scolds, my body tenses at his statement but I don't have the energy to say anything.

"First vomiting and then passing out in the shower? Let's get you dried and into bed." Adjusting himself he helps me up gently patting me dry. Effortlessly he carries me to our room, pulling one of his shirts over my head.

"There you go, pooh." He lays me down, exhausted I curl up under the covers.

"I have work to do, I will get someone to keep an eye on you." He adds while leaving the room, the door clicking shut plunging me into darkness. Drowsy and in pain I let sleep wash over me.

<><><><>

I wake feeling a dip in the bed and a small grunt. Slowly my eyes flutter open to see Joker laying with his back to me.

"Puddin' are you okay?" I mumble, eyes blurry. Slowly he turns to face me, a small smirk on his lips. I can't help but cuddle up to him and trace each delicate tattoo on his chest.

"Ha ha ha ha." I whisper tracing the letters, he kisses me lightly on my forehead and gets comfortable.

"Feeling better pooh?" He questions, sighing slightly.

"I guess." I mumble, forcing my eyes to close and press myself up against him.

"Sleep well J."

<><><><>

"I have some people I need to see, stay here on this one." I hear Mr J say gruffly, he ruffles my already messy hair before leaving promptly. Feeling slightly better after last nights events I decide on wearing some comfy clothes today and lazing around with a book. Puddin' likes to wear sweat pants around the house so I decide on slipping on a pair of his and a large jumper. Tying my hair up into a messy bun to keep it out of my face I head to the study. Leather covers, paperback, hardback, novels, poetry, non-fiction, we have it all. I choose one about Gotham's history, sure it's probably outdated but the more you know. I spend a solid hour reading curled up on the couch before I notice my stomach rumbling and deciding on preparing something to eat. For some reason I feel drawn to the idea of pasta, flicking on some music I start to boil water on the stove and look for the ingredients. I get distracted by the music and start dancing on the spot as the water heats up. Swaying side to side I sing the familiar lyrics.

"And all the people said, you can't wake up this is not a dream!" There is a sudden slam of the door so sudden and loud that I drop the bowl of pasta I had finally finished.

"Puddin'?" I call out, concerned. Angrily Mr J storms in and sees me with sauce splattered at my ankles and my hands still out holding the air where my paste once was.

"You gave me a fright and I dropped it." I hurry, going to clean up the mess but instead accidentally cutting myself on a shard of broken bowl.

"Was that really necessary?!" I grumble to myself going to the sink and cleaning up the mess on my index finger.

"Harley!" He scolds, forcing my attention towards him. Bowing my head in shame I wait for his smack.

"Get some things together pooh, we have to move!" He says, rushing past me and to god knows where. I don't question the method to his madness and instead obey, rushing up to our room. I gather a few personal belongings and some clothes because god knows how long we will be gone for. We have past abandoned hideouts where teenagers go to have sex and explore in hope for a glance of a piece of Mr J's work. The only reason we move is if we have been found which results in the police scanning the place for anything. If a single paper was left untouched it was because it was useless. I was starting to like this place and I was sad we have to go but it's for the best.

"Harley, come on!" J shouts to me, remembering the procedure of last time I rush to the car, hastily sitting and placing my bag at my feet. Within moments J is next to me, all his work gathered up in a case, shoving it in my direction he takes off. I haven't a clue where we are going but my adrenaline is pumping too much to pay much attention. Stealing a glance behind us I see the damn bat racing after us. 

"Puddin' we have company." I state turning back around to face Mr J. A smile spreads across his face as he forces the car to go even faster. My heart flutters, skipping a beat as the scenery flashes past and we narrowly miss other drivers.

"Puddin' must we go so fast?" I choke out, my breath hitching in fear. I know he is crazy and that can lead to danger but the fire in his eyes is something I have never seen resignation inside him.

"Harley, I am going to ditch you. You will go to Arkham." He starts, my head snaps to face him and a tear slides down my face.

"Wha, why puddin' where are you going?!" I choke out, I hate being at that place. The staff all give me sympathetic looks and reminisce on when I worked there.

"I will come back for you, pooh. I need you to be safe and that is the safest place for you while I find a new place for us and I have some things I have to do." I gulp back sobs and agree, anything for him. At least he has told me he will be coming back, that way I don't have to worry and wonder if he still loves me.

"Goodluck Harls." He says before slamming to a stop at the bridge exiting Gotham, its surrounded by police cars and fear spikes in me. 

"Open the door." He points a gun to my head and I can't help but shudder in fear. Reluctantly I force the only barrier I have between me and god knows how many armed men. Roughly Mr J pushes me from my seat and I collapse on the concrete. Fearing the possible gun shots I could receive I curl myself up in a ball and kick the door shut., Mr J promptly speeds off and is followed by some while other armed men run up to me and cuff my wrists. Now fully sobbing and shaking I desperately wanted to be back home, curled up in bed with J.

"Search her!" One commands

"Clean!" Another responds.

"Get her to Arkham." Another voice says before I'm pushed and lead to a car. Slumping on the leather seat I let tears stain my cheeks making my mascara run. How long will J take?

*Sorry I took so long to update! I have been studying for exams so thats fun. Comment vote and all that stuff that people do if they like the book or don't because I'm human trash :)*