Would You Be So Kind?

No wives

Inspired by the song above (how amazing is Dodie?)

"Alright attention all crew!" Link said as he stood on the stairs leading to his and Rhett's office. "Due to the weather getting drastically worse in the next hour Rhett and I agreed that you all need to leave like now." Link said as he moved down the stairs. "We'll stay here and finish the video, now get home." Link waited to make sure everyone had left before going to make some coffee for him and Rhett. 

When the coffee was ready he started to walk back to their office. Once he got there he noticed that Rhett still wasn't back from where ever he went. He started to look in all of Rhett's favorite spots. He started with their nap room, then their studio, then their dining area, then lastly their spare studio room, but still no sign of Rhett. He went back to their office just to make sure he hadn't just gotten back, he hadn't. Link fell into his chair. He thought about all of the places Rhett loved around the office. Then it dawned on him, the recording studio. He picked up the coffee and headed to the studio. He slowly opened the door and saw Rhett playing something on his guitar. He turned to see you was coming in and when he saw Link he smiled. 

He took the coffee from Link as he made his way to the chair across from Rhett who was on the couch.

"Have you been here since you left our office?"

"Yeah. Since you were sending the crew home I finished the episode really fast then came here." Rhett said as he took a sip of his coffee.

"Oh, alright." Link said then also took a sip of his now perfect coffee. 

They fell into a comfortable silence for what seemed like forever but they didn't mind.

Rhett was the one to break it, "I learned a new song." 

"Really?" Link asked and Rhett nodded with a smile. "Can I hear it?" Rhett started playing.

He looked away from his best friend before starting to sing. "I have a question, it might seem strange. How are your lungs? Are they in pain?" Link loved the sound of Rhett's voice and always had but today it sounded especially great and amazing. "Cause mine are aching. Think I know why. I kinda like it. You wanna try?" Link smiled as the voice of his lifelong friend filled the room. "Oh would you be so kind as to fall in love with me?" Rhett looked Link dead in the eyes as he sang. "You see, I'm trying. I know you know that I like you but that's not enough. So if you will please fall in love I think it's only fair. There's gotta be some butterflies somewhere, wanna share? Cause I like you but that's not enough. So if you will please fall in love with me."  

A blush spread across Links face as the realization of what Rhett was saying hit him. Link stood up due to him wanting to hug and cuddle Rhett so bad right then. He walked and removed the guitar from Rhett's hands and put it on the stand in the corner of the room before making his way to Rhett and sitting on his lap. The other man grabbed his legs and put them over the arm of the couch. Link leaned his head on Rhett's chest and wrapped his arms around his friend's torso. Rhett wrapped his arms around Link and put his head in the crook of his neck. They just sat there enjoying each other's presence. The rain was unable to be heard due to the windowless and soundproof room. 

Link was the first to move. He moved his face so that he could place a very light kiss on Rhett's neck before putting his head back on Rhett's chest. Rhett blushed and placed a kiss in Link's hair than on his cheek before tilting Link's head so that he could connect their lips. 

Link knew Rhett had always fancied him from the time they were very young and lately Link felt the same way. He was so glad that he was there with Rhett in that moment. Their lips fit together perfectly. Like they were meant to join together at some point. Rhett pulled back and tilted his head before pulling Link in for another kiss. Link pulled himself closer to his partner enjoying their current closeness. Link pulled back and rested his forehead on Rhett's. He and Rhett closed their eyes and listened to the sound of their breathing. 

Link moved his head back to it's previous position. Rhett did the same. Link was the one to break the silence which kinda felt like a crime at this point.

"I like you," He said into Rhett's chest. "Like a lot." He said looking up once again. 

"You're okay." Rhett said with a shrug before he placed a kiss on Link's cheek. Link giggled. 

"You're an idiot." Link said still giggling a little.

"I'm your idot, and you're my baby." Rhett said before placing a light kiss on Link's lips.

"So cheesy man." Link said like a frat boy.

"Ew so cheesy man, gross man." Rhett said in a similar tone making Link blush and bury his face in Rhett's neck. 

They just sat and talked about where to go from here and agreed on a relationship. Rhett was over the moon that he finally could call Link his.

A/N

Sorry about the shitty ending. 

See you soon hopefully!!!