Yule Shoot Your Eye Out (Patrick's POV)

Today was mine and Pete's first Christmas alone together. I intended to make it the best day ever. I sat up in bed around eight in the morning and looked over to my right. My little Peter Panda was still sleeping. I smiled and then quietly got out of bed and walked towards the bathroom, but suddenly had the feeling of nausea come over me, so I ran to the bathroom instead. I emptied my stomach into the toilet and once I was finished, I wiped my mouth and quickly brushed my teeth.

"Hey, are you ok, babe?" I heard Pete ask from behind the door.

"Y-Yeah," I said. "I'm fine."

"Are you sure? Did you just throw up?" he asked.

"Yeah, but it's just probably from all the cookies we ate last night," I said.

"Oh, ok," he said as I opened the door.

"Anyway, Merry Christmas, baby," I said as I engulfed him in a hug.

"Merry Christmas to you too," Pete said as he smiled and kissed my forehead.

"Now come with me!" I said as I grabbed his hand. "I got something special for you!"

"Whoa!" he screamed as I dragged him out of the room. "Slow down!"

"Sorry," I said as I laughed and slowed my pace a little.

We finally got downstairs and I sat Pete on the couch. I made him cover his eyes while I quickly grabbed his present from the closet. I gently set it on his lap and then told him to open his eyes.

"Oh my god," Pete said as he put his hands over his mouth. "You did not."

"I did," I said as laughed.

"You seriously got me a bass with my clothing logo on it?" he asked.

"Yes!" I said.

"Patrick," he said as he put the bass aside and stood up. "I love you so much."

"I love you too," I said as I hugged him.

"This is more than I could have ever asked for," he said.

"I wanted to do it," I said as I smiled.

"You're amazing," Pete said.

"So are you!" I said.

"Maybe I'll be even more amazing after this," Pete said as he broke our hug and ran upstairs.

"What are you doing?" I yelled up to him.

"You'll see!" he shouted back.

I laughed to myself and then sat on the couch, anxiously awaiting Pete's return. He came back down a few minutes later with a big box in his arms. He sat down next to me and set the box in front of me.

"What's this?" I asked.

"Open it and see," he said as he smiled.

I gave him a weird look, but smiled again and gladly started ripping the wrapping paper off. Before I even got all of the wrapping paper off, I looked at him in shock.

"I knew you've been needing a new one, and I mean, I guess we both kind of had the same idea," Pete said.

"I can't believe you got me a new guitar. My old acoustic was shot," I said.

"Oh, and these go with it," he said as he gave me a smaller wrapped package.

I unwrapped the small package and there were five new guitar picks in a little container. They were custom made with our band logo on them. This was officially the best Christmas ever.

"Pete, I really love you," I said as I hugged him.

"I love you too, Trick," he said as he smiled again.

We spent the next half hour opening more presents we'd gotten for each other and also goofing around so, so much. Once we were finished, there was wrapping paper everywhere, presents surrounding both of us, and things thrown everywhere. Yeah, definitely a good Christmas morning.

"We should probably clean up and then get ready to head over to Joe's place," Pete said.

"You're right," I said as I laughed and got up.

Pete got up as well and we both cleaned up within ten minutes. After that, we both raced each other up the stairs like five year olds to see who could get upstairs fastest. Might I add that I won? Well, I did.

"In your face!" I said as I sat on the bed.

"Dick," Pete said as he smiled at me and kissed me. "Now lets get ready."

"Alright," I said as I laughed.

We both grabbed a shirt, pants, socks, and shoes. Our outfits were literally opposites and we didn't even plan that. I swear to god! He was wearing a black shirt, me a white shirt, him white pants, me black pants, him black shoes, and then me white shoes. That's how much Pete and I are alike, I guess. Pete finished getting changed before me, so he went downstairs while I continued to get ready. Once I was done, I meandered my way downstairs and into our kitchen.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Making a little quick breakfast," Pete responded.

"Oh," I said, nausea coming over me again, making me put my hand over my mouth.

"Are you ok, baby?" he asked.

I didn't say anything, I just ran to the bathroom and threw up again. Pete walked in a minute later again and asked if I was ok. I responded that it was probably the smell of whatever he was making. He kissed my cheek and then went back out into the kitchen. I cleaned myself up again and then went out to the vehicle to wait for Pete, since I really couldn't take that smell anymore. Pete eventually came out a few minutes later and got into the vehicle. He leaned over and kissed me and then intertwined our hands together. Then, we drove off.