Just One Yesterday (Patrick's POV)

Eight. And. A. Half. Holy. Smoking. Months. Holy sh-.... I mean smokes. I think I can speak for every pregnant person in the world when I say that your stomach gets huge and it gets in the way of everything. It's very frustrating! But I'm so glad I have Pete here to help me. He's been so great through all of this, even though it shocked the hell out of both of us.

I've been having to be careful this past week though. Pete and I went to the doctor a week and a half ago and he said that this is the critical stage in the pregnancy. He said that I could literally have this baby any day now. It's apparently hard to keep a baby full term when you're a male, which I guess I can understand.

Pete's also been helping out a lot with that too; making sure he's there to get me out of bed, help me down the stairs, and waiting on my hand and foot. I know it's been taking its toll on him, so everyday I make him just relax on the couch and take a nap or something. He insists he's fine, but I know him better than that. Even as we speak he's passed out on the couch sleeping like a little baby, while I'm sitting here next to him watching tv.

"Oh god," I said as I put my hand on my side and groaned.

Pete didn't wake up, he just turned over and continued snoring. I had felt a super sharp pain in my side, unlike any other pain I'd felt before. There's no way this can be happening now, is there? The pain didn't go away as fast as I thought. In fact, the pain lasted for several minutes. Pete was laying on my lap and I didn't want to disturb him, but when I had another sharp pain minutes later, I had to wake him up.

"Pete!" I said loudly as I nudged him.

"Mmm," he mumbled, not moving an inch.

"Pete! Wake up!" I said as I groaned because of another pain.

"What?" he asked as he picked his head up. "What's going on? Are you ok?!"

"I-I think I might have just gone into labor," I said. "Like no joke."

"Oh my god," he said as he sat up.

"They aren't consistant like I thought. They're kind of everywhere and not as long as I would have thought. Oh, and they're more on my side and front than in my back like I thought."

"Wait," Pete said. "I read something like that in one of the books!"

And with that being said, Pete shot up and ran upstairs right when I had another pain.