Grand Theft Autumn (Pete's POV)

Patrick just told me that he claims he just went into labor, but I remember reading something in one of my books that fit the description of what he told me. I felt bad that I just left Patrick all alone downstairs, but I know what I read and I had to find it. I had rushed up the stairs and into our bedroom. I quickly went to my night stand and rummaged through the drawer. Under more books was the book I was looking for. I quickly grabbed it and ran back downstairs, looking for a certain page and almost tripping down the stairs in the process.

"What the hell, Pete?!" Patrick asked me.

"Just hold on, ok baby?" I said as I finally found the page.

"What the hell are you doing anyway?" he asked.

"Here it is! Ok, you said that they're pretty irregular, not as long as you thought, and they're more in your front and side, than your back like you thought, right?" I asked.

"Y-Yeah," he said.

"I know what's going on," I said with a smile because I was pretty damn proud of myself.

"And what might that be, Doctor Pete?" Patrick asked in a smartass way.

"You're having false labor contractions, or practice labor," I said.

"What the hell is that?" he asked.

"Is says right here," I said as I gave him the book and pointed. "Usually irregular and short, don't get stronger or closer together, they can last several minutes in length, but normally don't, walking doesn't make them stronger, in fact it might even make them stop, lying down could make them go away as well, may be felt more in the front and side areas of your body, and it's beneficial in preperation for real labor."

"I'll believe it when I walk around and they go away," Patrick said as I helped him up.

"I'm sure they will," I said with a smile.

"You're pretty damn proud of yourself, aren't you?" he asked with a smirk.

"If I say so myself, yes, yes I am," I said. "But I'll be even prouder when they go away like I said."

"Well, let me test that theory," he said as he began walking around.

I stood by the couch with the book in my hand while I watched Patrick walk around. He kept telling me that he felt no significant changes in the first five minutes, but shortly after that, the pain seemed to stop and go away, just as I said. Pete Wentz, you are a genius.

After that, Patrick told me how surprised he was that this actually worked. We even called our doctor to double check and he said the exact same thing I said. Damn, I should become a doctor!