Dead on Arrival (Patrick's POV)

Well, it was finally time for Pete and I to go to the doctor's office. I really hope they can find our what's wrong with me... I'm getting really scared. Like, what if it's something really serious? What if whatever it is, they can't fix it? Ok, Patrick, you need to calm down before you have a panic attack.

"You ready to go, baby?" Pete asked me.

"What? Oh, yeah," I said as I got up and grabbed my jacket.

"You're going to be ok, alright?" Pete said as he stopped me and hugged me.

"I'm just really worried," I said.

"I know, but you'll be ok," he said.

"As long as I have you, I will be," I said.

"Aww, babe," he said as he kissed me.

I continued putting my jacket on once Pete let go of me and then we walked out the door. We got in and Pete drove to the doctor's office. It was probably a good idea since he drove anyway, since I was a litte shaky. Once we got there, Pete went up and alerted the lady behind the desk that we were there. After that, he said thank you and then came and sat back by me.

"Everything will be ok," he said as he took my hand in his.

I gave him a smile and squeezed his hand. We waited a few minutes and then I was called back. I made Pete come with me, but I was sure he had every intent to do so anyway. We followed the nurse back into a room and she had me sit on the little bed in there, while Pete sat in one of chairs.

"So, what brought you two in today?" the nurse asked with a smile.

"Well, I've been getting sick a lot lately and it's starting to worry the both of us, so Pete made me come in," I said.

"Oh, well it's a good thing he did. Being sick isn't fun," she said as she wrote some things on her clipboard.

She asked me a few more questions and I gladly answered them. After that, she told us that the doctor would be in shortly and left Pete and I there alone. I couldn't seem to sit still after she left, well, even before the nurse left. I was still so nervous.

"Patrick, baby, everything is going to be ok," Pete said as he walked over to me and hugged me.

"I'm so nervous," I said.

"I know, baby, but whatever happens, I'll be right here by your side," he said.

"I love you so much," I said as I hugged him back.

"I love you too, short stuff," he said.

"Pete," I groaned.

"I'm just messing with you," he said as he laughed.

Pete sat back down and we talked for a few more minutes. Shortly after, the doctor came in and sat down.

"Hi, my name is Dr. Tucker," the doctor said as he shook our hands. "What seems to be going on?"

"Well, ever since Christmas morning, I've been not feeling so great and I've been throwing up almost every morning since then," I explained.

"Is it just in the mornings?" he asked.

"Yeah, seems to be," I said.

"Alright," he said as he wrote something on his paper.

He spent the next few minutes asking me more questions and then said he'd be right back. Again, Pete and I were left alone. Pete and I talked again until he came back.

"Well," the doctor said as he sat back down. "I think I know what the problem is."

"W-What is it?" I asked, getting scared again.

"See, what I think is happening to you is extremely rare and only happens to a handful of men around the world," he said.

"What's going on?" Pete asked.

"Well, Patrick, I got a few more opinions and everyone agreed with me. Patrick, you're pregnant," the doctor said.

"I'm sorry, what?" I asked, chocking on my own spit.

"What the hell did you just say?" Pete asked.

"I know it's quite the shock, but you are, indeed, pregnant," the doctor said again. "We're going to get you in for an ultrasound in just a little bit."

"But how is this even possible?" I asked.

"Well, like I said, it's extremely rare and it's quite unknown to a lot of doctors, but see, in your case, something happened when you were developing that made you have a uterus like a woman, but the parts of a man. Obviously, you still get pregnant the same way, but a male pregnancy is very risky," he explained.

"Oh my god," was all I could get out.

"I know it's quite shocking," the doctor said as he stood up. "I'll leave you two alone to comprehend this. I'll come and get you when it's time for the ultrasound."

With that being said, the doctor walked out and left Pete and I alone in the room. I instantly burst into tears once he left.