7 Minutes in Heaven (Patrick's POV)

"Pete, Patrick," the doctor said as he opened the door. "It's time for your ultrasound."

Pete and I looked at each other and smiled, then we got up and followed the doctor to an different room. Once we got there, there was a woman in there and the doctor said that she'd be taking over from here on out. We said thank you and then the doctor left.

"Hello, I'm Jackie," the lady said. "I'm your ultrasound technician."

"Patrick," I said as I shook her hand and smiled back.

"Pete," Pete said as he did the same.

"Nice to meet you two," she said as she smiled again.

"You too," I said.

"Ok, now if you, Patrick, would please hop up on the bed here," she said as she pointed to the bed.

"Alright," I said as I did what I was told.

"I'm going to assume you don't know what to do," she said.

"God, not even a clue," I said as I chuckled.

"I thought so," she said as she laughed as well. "Just pull your pants down a few inches and pull your shirt up to your chest."

"Sounds simple enough," Pete said.

I did what I was told and then waited for Jackie to be done. Once she was done, she explained that whatever she was putting on my stomach would be cold, and jesus, she wasn't lying. Then, after that was done, she took the little remote thing- don't judge me, I'm a guy and I don't know what the hell it's called- and started moving it around my stomach. A few seconds after she put it on me, all of us heard a heartbeat. I instantly smiled and looked at Pete. He was already looking at me and smiling. He took my hand in his and gave in a little squeeze.

"There's the heartbeat," Jackie said.

She moved it around a little more and then we all saw what looked like a little monkey-type thing.

"And there's your baby," she said.

"It looks like a little alien or a monkey," Pete said.

"Pete," I said as I chuckled.

"What? I'm not lying!" he said.

"He's not," Jackie said as she laughed. "I actually get a lot of people in here that say that."

"I rest my case," Pete said.

"Can you tell how far along I am?" I asked.

"It looks as though you're about eleven weeks," she responded. "I'm suprised you didn't have these symptoms earlier, but everyone is different."

"Awww," Pete said loudly, which made Jackie and I look at him and laugh. "Sorry."

"Don't be," Jackie said. "Pregnancy is a beautiful thing."

She eventually took the device off of me and then cleaned me up. Pete and I said thank you and then made our next appointment. After that, we left and drove home. Once we got home, I plopped directly on the couch.

"Tired?" Pete asked.

"Kinda," I said. "And my feet are killing me."

"That I do know is normal for pregnant people," he said.

"Mr. Know It All," I said as I chuckled.

"You know you love me," he said.

"How can I not?" I asked as I got up and walked over to him.

"I love you more, though," Pete said as he hugged me.

"I love you most," I said as I hugged him back and kissed him.

We both sat back on the couch and watched tv for at least a good hour or two, then Pete made us supper. Once we ate and cleaned up, we sat back down.

"Do you want to tell the guys soon or what?" Pete asked.

"Can we wait until I start showing?" I asked. "I don't think I'm ready right now."

"Of course," he said as he kissed my cheek. "Anything for you, my love."