02| Moving To Hogwarts

02| MOVING TO HOGWARTS

|| D A N I ||

"Well, this should be it," Mrs Pierce gave a tight smile, peering around my barren room. Mrs Pierce was the woman in charge of new enrolments at Ashford Academy. She was a professional lady, dressed in a grey pant suit and her silver hair pulled back in a tight bun. 

She had given me structured details about the school while she had shown me around the school campus on the way to my dorm. This school was so big, which means there's no doubt I'm going to get my ass lost in this place. 

"You will find everything you need in the pack on your desk. And your uniforms are hung in your closet. Two are identical, and to be worn at all classes and social events. The other is your sports uniform. Only to be worn at sport classes and activities." She explained, her words coming out so fast that it made my head spin, "We do hope that your enjoy your stay at Ashford Academy, Miss March. And if you have any queries please ask either your fellow students, or myself." 

Thanking her, I watched as she strutted out of my dorm. 

Well, technically speaking, this place didn't look like no damn dormitory. It looked like a friggin' hotel suite. Cream coloured walls, large french windows draped in white sheer curtains and soft carpeted floors that looked like clouds. 

I couldn't wipe the smile off my face at the sight of my room. My eyes didn't know where to look. From the oxford leather sofas, to my oak wood desk, and my large king size bed that sat bam smack in the middle. 

Not being able to contain it, I raced across the room and gracefully flopped onto my bed. I felt like I've died and gone to heaven. A soft, soft heaven covered in teal satin sheets, and pillows that were made from Pegasus feathers. 

I giggled, kicking my legs up in the air as I twisted and turned amongst the soft fabrics of my bedding. 

"I so could get use to this," I muttered to myself, staring up at the white ceiling. I propped myself up onto my elbows and gazed across my room. There was a even fireplace inside the perimeter of my room. How flipping cool is that?

Then my eyes glanced at my luggage, piled on the floor. I groaned, trying to ignore the impending doom that I will have to unpack all of that into my beautifully carved dresser and closet. I glanced at the antique clock resting on my nightstand.

7:45

From the schedule Mrs Pierce had given me, Dinner is served at 6:30 in the Dining Hall. So I've obviously missed that boat. Lights out are at 9:00, which gave me an hour an fifteen minutes to do nothing. 

Which only meant one thing: exploring. 

Considering I'll be starting classes tomorrow, I'd kinda like to have a bit of knowledge of where I will be going. 

Throwing my legs off the side of the bed, I shuffled to my closet. And just like Mrs Pierce had said, three uniforms were neatly hung. Ashford Academy was the school for the rich, so having baggy uniforms would probably be considered 'scandalous'. 

A clean-pressed blouse was tucked into a dark brown, pleated skirt. A fitted, maroon blazer was placed over top, the school emblem stitched into the breast pocket. A grey and maroon tie hung around the neck of the hanger. Below, knee length grey socks were folded next to a pair of grey stockings. And finally, two pairs of black Mary Janes sat parallel to each other. 

The Gym Uniform was different. A pair of maroon shorts was paired with a grey t-shirt, the same emblem, this time maroon, stitched over the breast pocket. There were the optional choices of grey track pants and a red hoodie for the colder seasons. And a pair of black sneakers sat at the bottom of the closet.