11| The Outskirts

11| THE OUTSKIRTS

|| D A N I ||

"I don't even know why I'm doing this." 

"Because you love me, and I'm your bestest best friend in the entire universe." I smirked, glancing over my shoulder at Jax, who leant on the wall across the corridor, arms folded across over a dark blue coat. 

Of course we had to choose the coldest night in history to go snooping.

Jax chuckled shaking his head as I locked the door to my room, and proceeded to stuff the keys into my pocket. I was in full spy gear tonight. A dark charcoal sweater, layered with a black leather jacket and black jeans, with a single rip at the knees. The look was finished off with black heeled ankle boots that were extremely comfortable and warm.  

Jax hadn't gotten the memo with his grey sweatshirt, blue coat and dark blue jeans, as well as a pair of black Nike roshe sneakers. At least he got the shoes right. Jax is obviously not familiar with the art of spying. 

"Kaden's going to kill me when he finds out I told you." Jax sighs, his eyes glancing up at the ceiling as if praying the gods for protection. I turned around and walked over to him, tapping his nose. 

"Well, I will gladly sing at your funeral." I pouted before giggling evilly. 

Jax rolled his eyes before nudging his head down the hallway, "We should get going. We're technically not allowed out of school until tomorrow, but security is always lazy on a Friday anyway. They should've all clocked out by nine." 

I followed Jax through the school, bubbling with excitement. We stopped to check every hallway before proceeding, considering a boy in the girl's facilities is strictly forbidden. Once we were outside, I shivered from the coldness before jumping into Jax's jeep. 

"Remind me again why the school lets you park here? Or have a car in general?" I asked as I buckled myself in. I glanced at Jax as he turned on the ignition, smirking. 

"They don't." 

I closed my open mouth and nodded, before turning the car heaters all the way up. Jax and I settled for the low hum of a radio station I picked before we entered a lengthy conversation about my background. I informed him about my father and his wife Nina or something. I told him about my mother, and some stories from our trips. We also had a conversation about our dreams and goals. 

It made me sad telling him, because it made me realise how much I've been away from my art. With everything going on with school, my father, Kaden, I've never had the chance to sit down and paint like I use to. 

Jax had confessed that once he's done with school, he's going to travel the world. He doesn't know for how long though, but he wants to have some kind of freedom before his parents sent him to college. I had learnt he wanted to be a mechanic engineer; when he was ready to of course. 

The Outskirts, as Jax called them, were on the other side of town, located on an abounded airstrip used by the air force in the second world war. It was a good thirty minute drive before we slowly pulled up into an area packed with cars and people. 

"Now, Dani." Jax said in a serious turn as I unbuckled myself and turned to face him, "These places can get quite dangerous and out of control extremely fast. I want you to stay be me the entire time. Do not accept any food or drinks from anyone. Okay?" 

"Yes sir!" I said, giving him a quick salute. 

"Twenty minutes and we're gone." Jax stated after I slipped from the passenger side and met him in front of the car. I nodded, before Jax grabbed my hand and pulled through the make shift parking lot.