09| Paging Doctor Dani

09| PAGING DOCTOR DANI

|| D A N I ||

By the time we made it back to the academy, not a single sound had passed my lips. I was still reeling from events back at the party. My mind was still racing, trying to search for any memory where I had seen Kaden and Nathan exit the house.

Did we just leave them there? What if they were arrested? 

"......Dani." Someone called my name, making me look up from where my head was situated on my lap. Jax was standing in front of me as I leant back against the back of his car. Scarlett had gone to sneak into the nurse's office to grab a few supplies for Eli, who was in the car with Nurse Ari. 

"Everything's going to be alright." Jax gave a supportive smile, but that didn't do anything. 

I shivered from the cold air and folded my arms, "It's my fault his hurt, Jax. And you...look your bleeding." I tried to reach for his split lip, but he pushed my hand away. 

"It's going to take a lot more than a few punches to take this champ down, D." Jax smirked, trying to lighten the mood, "And this isn't your fault. I'm sure one of those dickhead's would've pissed us off anyway. Especially Kaden." 

"No way." I sarcastically scoffed, rolling my eyes. 

"I said I'm fine!" Eli's cry echoed from the car. 

"And I took one and a half classes of first aid, so I'm pretty sure I know a hell of a lot more than you." Ari snapped back, making both Jax and myself giggle at her response. 

Glancing over to the side of the small parking lot, I noticed Scarlett exiting with a small bag. And behind her, were Nathan and Kaden. A sigh of relief bursted in my stomach and I sagged back against the car.

"Hey, look who I found." Scarlett said as they reached us. 

I let out a heavy sigh of relief, which caught Kaden's attention. I do actually have emotions, Kaden

As the small group grew closer, my eyes widened as I took in Kaden's appearance. Kaden hadn't dressed up for the party, and I wasn't expecting him to either. I didn't really get that vibe from him. He had just threw on a pair of ripped black jeans, a grey shirt and a leather jacket. And he pulled it off. Extremely well.

But that's beside the point. 

As is annoyingly handsome face stepped into the dim light of the street lamp, I noticed how much beating he had taken for me. A deep wound grazed just above his eyebrow, a greyish purple bruise clung to his left cheek, and his bottom lip was split. 

"Dude, what happened to you guys. You almost gave poor Dani here a heart attack." Jax smirked as he nudged my shoulder. I snapped my head up to him, giving him an annoyed clear.I so did not need Kaden knowing that I gave the tiniest fuck about his well-being. 

"After the cops showed up, everyone got the fuck out of there. We tried to get back to Kaden's car, but the cops were everywhere. Kids were getting interviewed left and right, some of the wilder ones were getting arrested." Nathan explained, jumping in before Kaden could, "We would've been charged if Kaden hadn't stolen one of the neighbour's cars." 

"You stole a car?" I asked, my eyes locked on Kaden.

He shrugged as if it was nothing, "I'll return it tomorrow." 

I sighed under my breath, rolling my eyes as I returned to leaning on the car behind me. This guy was insane, off his rocker. How can he be so chill about stealing a freaking car.