03| If You Were A Transformer You'd Be Optimus Fine

03| IF YOU WERE A TRANSFORMER YOU'D BE OPTIMUS FINE

||  D A N I ||

Misty sun rays glared through the large french windows. There was a slight overcast in the sky, and the smell leaking in through the open windows hinted at the chance of a storm. 

I sat on my bed, slowly unpacking my bag full of little decorations. My hands wrapped around something thin, and I pulled it out. A gold metallic frame bordered a picture of my mother and me. It was my thirteenth birthday. 

I was dressed in my favourite floral sundress, and I had my arms wrapped around my mother. We looked freakily alike. We both had the same chestnut locks, with streaks of auburn due to long exposure in the sun, that reached our waists. Thanks to our Greek heritage, we were both graced with sun-kissed skin and sharp features. Our glossy, greens-blue eyes were also identical. 

A knock at the door shook me from my thoughts, and I quickly stored the photo back into the box and raced to the door. 

"Hi, I'm Scarlett Phillips," A gorgeous girl said as I swung the door to my dorm open. I froze with an awkward smile on my face as I leaned back. How did someone, epically someone who looked like her, already know I was here? 

"Oh shit, I'm sorry to scare you," She smacked her forehead, "I'm head of the 'Welcoming Committee' at Ashford. So....welcome," She awkwardly gestured with open arms. 

I giggled, "Well, I'm Dani." 

"I know. Which is another weird thing to say," She added quickly, "Now you probably think I'm an epic creep." 

"Just a little bit," I smiled, holding up my thumb and index finger. 

"Well, my job is to show you around the school and make sure you get to your classes smoothly," She grinned, obviously excited to have a new student to show around, "So, are you ready?"

"Uh...yes." I answered, turning around to grab my blazer and black, leather back pack that hung on the back of my desk chair. I shrugged on my blazer, and then hooked my bag over my shoulders. Quickly snatching the folder off my desk, I shot across the room and reappeared at the door. 

Glancing at her again, I started wondering if this school had anyone a little less attractive. Oh wait, that's me. Considering most of the children here have models or actors has parents, they're probably Aphrodite and Adonis look alike. 

Scarlett had onyx black hair, pin straight down to her hips. Her features were angled and sharp, highlighting her creamy skin. Her eyes are a dark grey, an incredible colour. Symbolising a storm of some type. 

To be honest, I thought she had just come straight from a photoshoot. And as luck would have it, her uniform fit her perfectly. Yay, another gorgeous person to make me feel more insecure about myself. 

Locking the door behind me, I followed behind Scarlett as she led me from the girls dormitory to the school part of the campus. Everything was just so friggin confusing. 

This school was exactly like the movies. There were the jocks in maroon lettermen jackets, there were the cheerleaders and bimbos who have rolled up their skirts and now looked like belts, there were the nerds, the goths, the theatre kids...and yeah, you get the idea. 

"Can I see your schedule?" Scarlett asked, snapping me out of my little daze. I nodded my head, and pulled out the slip of paper from the packet. Scarlett examined it for a few seconds before squealing, "You have Bio and English with me!" 

"Cool, at least I won't be alone all day," I smiled, relief flooding through my veins. 

"You have Calculus first up, so I'll show you to that cl—oh shit," Scarlett's face dropped, "I totally forgot! I have to go Dani, I'm really sorry. Here's a map and your class is B301! Again I super sorry!"