Seven minutes in heaven.- Tony x Reader

A/N: how are you all? Fine? Good.
I had this idea while reading an article in a newspaper and after that I found a book in Wattpad which kinda explains everything, but I forgot to add it in my library. If it's from you, please let me know.

Words: 1430.

Warning: feels. Sadness. Angst (probably).

Enjoy!

I strongly advice to listen to the song while you read this. I think it fits perfectly.

What is italicized is what happened in the past, your memories.

🔸🔸🔸🔸

A simple mission with the Avengers, supposed to take a day.

A day to find and take down a small HYDRA base, with superheroes by your side.

One single day.

Yet, there you were, hostages of this HYDRA leader, who was more than happy to have captured the Avengers.

There you were, a gun directly pointed at your heart with no way out.

"DON'T TOUCH HER!", you heard Tony yell furiously at the agent.

"But I won't touch her, I promise", he replied with a small smirk. "You love her, don't you?"

"It's okay Tony, everything is fine", you said closing your eyes as a tear rolled down your cheek. "Everything is fine."

BANG!

Everything would be fine.

✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖

Your brain still functions for seven minutes after you die. There are rumors about those last seven minutes.
Some people say that you have an out of body experience and you stay there with your body until your seven minutes are up.
Others say that you visit all your family and friends, and give them your own sort of farewell.
But the most common rumor about your last seven minutes, and probably the most repeated, is that your life flashes before your eyes, and then you get to say goodbye.

You were standing there, in the center of a bright white room. No door, no window, no escape. But surprisingly, you weren't scared. You waited, calmly, and closed your eyes.

First minute:

You opened them and saw you weren't in the white room anymore. You were in a place you knew perfectly.

"Hello?"

You jumped slightly when you heard the voice and quickly spun around, only to see you. Well, four years ago you.

A smile slowly crept onto your face in anticipation of what was coming next.

"Who are you?", you watched as Tony made his way towards the other you.

"I'm Y/n Y/l/n and I'm supposed to meet Dr. Banner. He told me he will be here", other you answered with a smile.

"I wasn't aware Bruce knows hot girls like you", you slightly laughed as you watched yourself becoming red.

"I - He - hum...", the other you awkwardly stutter, looking everywhere but Tony. "He- he doesn't really know me, but he said he needs help with an experience", you explained quietly.

"Well, follow me then", Tony smirked, but of course, clumsy as you were, you tripped over a chair and fell onto the ground.

However, just before your body hits
the ground, someone caught you. You slowly opened your eyes and were met with two brown orbs.