Drunk confessions. -Steve Rogers

Words: 850

Warning: low self-esteem, this doesn't make any sense

🔸🔸🔸🔸

You chugged down another shot of vodka, giggling afterwards. You had lost track of how many drinks you had had in the excitement of the party your friends and you decided to go to. It was quite fun and a good way to get rid of the stress.

You were about to take a new shot when a familiar hand stopped you. Surprised, you looked to your left only to see your boyfriend, a scolding look on his face.

"Stevie", you threw your arms around his neck, bringing him closer to you. "What are you doing here?"

Steve sighed, paying the bartender for your drinks.
"(Y/f/n) called me twenty minutes ago, saying it was probably time you go home. S/he was right."

"Pfff, whatever, (y/f/n) doesn't know how to have fun", you tried to grab your shot, but for some reasons, it had disappeared. "Where my drink?", you whined loudly, making Steve roll his eyes.

"Come on, (y/n)", he gently grabbed you by the arm, walking you out of the club. "We're going home."

"But Steeeve", you dragged out the 'e', screeching your nose, "I want to have fun!"

"And you're going to have fun", the supersoldier patiently said, opening the car door for you, "just not tonight."

"You're just jealous because... because..."

Before you could finish your sentence, you collapsed in Steve's arms, passed out. The man gently put you on the passenger seat, a small smile playing on his lips, before climbing into the car and starting it.

🔸🔸🔸🔸

You opened your eyes when you felt something soft being wrapped around you. You groaned a little, catching the attention of whoever was taking care of you. You blinked several times, trying to see who it was in your drunken state.

"Steve", you mumbled loud enough for him to hear. "Weren't you with Sam and Bucky?"

"Yes, but we didn't stay late", he reassured you, putting a lock of hair behind your ear. "Don't worry about it, you should go to sleep now."

"I'm so sorry."

"What?"
He stopped dead in his tracks, turning around to look at you.

"I'm so sorry you have to deal with me. You're Captain fucking America and I'm just a girl who can't even hold her liquor. Who am I kidding?"

"Hey, hey", he ran back to you, holding your hand as your eyes slowly shut once more. "What are you talking about, sweetheart?"

"I'm saying", you tried to open your eyes but it was too difficult, "something is wrong. Can you believe I can't punch someone to save my life? And there are Sharon and Natasha, who are so... So... wonderful." You almost let out a sob at the mention of the incredible women.

"Don't say that, you know I love you", Steve murmured, frowning. He had never seen you in such a state, and it worried him.

"But why?"

The question stayed up in the air as Steve stared at you, dumbfounded. He loves you for so many reasons, for the little things and the more important, for the way you would always sing while cooking to the fact that you always listened to him, no matter the subject of his rant.

Yet, at this exact moment, he was at a loss of word. He never expected you to ask this question- this was so obvious to him, and for you too, at least he had thought. But at this exact moment, he had no idea how he should answer this question.

"See?" you breathed out, quieter than seconds before. "This is a mystery to you as it is to me and everyone else. You know my coworkers always ask me what I did to you so you would date me?"

Steve cupped your face with his hands, but you didn't seem to react to his touch. Your words were making him sad and angry at the same time- sad that you'd never talked about his before, angry that people would make you this insecure.
"(Y/n), you shouldn't pay any attention to what people say. You are a great person, and that's why I love you, among other reasons."

"I'm just wasting your time", you didn't seem to have heard what he said, and it broke his heart to hear you talking like that. "You should leave me, I'm not worth it. Just... leave me."
You breaths steadied and soon, soft snores could be heard.

Steve carefully lay next to you, heartbroken at how you felt. He always thought you were fine- great, even. You were always here for him, and if something bothered you, you would tell it right away, every time. Except for this, apparently. This was something you had decided to keep for yourself and that had eaten you from the inside.

The supersoldier knew you wouldn't remember a thing in the morning, but he would. And he was decided to use it to finally make you feel truly happy and loved. He held the keys to the problem.
"I love you, (y/n), so much", he pressed a soft kiss on your forehead, "and I'm gonna prove it."

🔸🔸🔸🔸

Yeah, don't ask me what I'm doing with my stories, currently. I have zero ideas, everything I write is terrible, idk why I still have readers tbh! 😅 But thank you for commenting and voting, you are wonderful! 💚

Also, yesterday I had my driving test, and my driving instructor told me it went well, but I'm waiting for the official results. Not that I don't trust her, but for all I know, the inspector could have thought otherwise, so yeah... Only two days before I really know!