All the stars...- Clint x Reader

Words: 1075.

Warning: feels? That's it I think.

A/N: So I was listening to Saturn by Sleeping at Last during one of my free periods, and I had this idea. Hope you'll like it!

P.S: STILL UNEDITED. I'm sorry, but I really wanted to post it. Tell me for any mistake!

🔸🔸🔸🔸

"No, this one is the Big Dipper!", you laughed and playfully slapped Clint's arm.

"And how am I supposed to know? You're the astrologist", he wiggled his eyebrows at you.

"You should know by now!", you shook your head and looked back at the sky, a small smile on your lips. "I've been teaching you for five years now..."

"Well, technically, one. During the four others, it was just an occasion to admire you."

"You smooth fu-"

"Please, be polite. I may be a fucker", he turned towards you, smirking slightly, "but I'm yours!"

"Shut up", you laughed but didn't look at him.

There was a silence, and Clint nervously played with the velvet box in his jeans' pocket. After four years of dating, he felt like this was the right moment to ask the fatal question.

"Don't you think that's beautiful?", your voice interrupted his thoughts, and he put his hand on your arms.

"What is beautiful?"

"This", you answered, gesturing to the sky above you. "The universe. The fact that we exist. Everything."

Clint didn't say a word, but he stared at the sky, frowning deeply.
"How is being alive beautiful? For most people, and especially us, superheroes, it's pretty much crap", he finally broke the silence.

You turned your attention to the broken man laying next to you, in this summer night, far from everything.

"Do you realize the chance it is to be alive? You change one tiny thing in the past, and you could have never existed", you smiled lightly when you saw his eyes widened as realization hit him.

"I've never thought of it this way", he confessed, a new sparkle in his eyes. "But at the end, we all die."

"We are stars Clint. Tiny bits of stars are inside each of us. And you know how stars die, right?", he shook his head no, so you went on. "Violently. But there is something wonderful about that: even after they're dead, the light, which was once theirs, carries on, and we, humans, see it."

He stared at you quizzically, not fully understanding what you meant. You moved so you were now laying on your side, carefully watching Clint.

"Even after you die, your very own light carries on, and lights up people who were close to you's lives. Everyone is a star. You are a star, Clint."

He looked at you in awe, finally understanding the meaning of your words. He couldn't believe he never had realized that before, but you were right: every man, woman and child was a star.

"You're amazing Y/n", you cheeks reddened and you shyly looked away, but Clint grabbed your chin and stared at you. "I still don't understand how you're dating me."

"Well, that's very easy Agent Barton. I simply fell for you, and for your pranks and your cockiness. And also the fact that you took me to a pizzeria for our first date!"

You and Clint laughed at the memory, how you had spilled your drink on his shirt and tripped over several chairs on the way to the table.

Clint sighed loudly, but not a frustrated sigh, no, more a happy sigh. He then slowly stoop up, and hold your hands, encouraging you to do the same.

"Y/n, there's something I wanted to say for a long time, and now seems the perfect time", he started once you were face to face, and you smiled at him encouragingly. "You're wonderful. Really", he added when he saw you were once again blushing. "you're the perfect woman for me. I couldn't dream of anyone else. You makes me happy, even when I had a rough mission. And when I don't see you, even for only a day, I feel like a piece of my soul is missing."

You were short of words. Sure, Clint and you had already told your feelings for each other, your love, but that was never something like that.

"So Y/n", he put in hands in his pocket and fiddled with something in it before taking in a deep breath and dropping on one knee. "You are the first dream of my soul, you're the only star I need in my life."

He opened the box he was holding during his little speech and your hands flew at your mouth when you saw the gorgeous ring laying in it.

"Will you marry me?"

"Yes! Yes, yes, YES!", tears were running down your cheeks but you couldn't care less.

Clint smiled like a child on Christmas morning and quickly put the ring on your finger. You could see he was relieved by your answer, and you laughed at his silliness.

"You really thought I could say no?", you asked him, smiling brightly.

"You never know", he shrugged and you hugged him.

"You're an idiot", you whispered in his ear and he chuckled lightly.

"I know that, soon to be Mrs. Barton."

"I love you", you say after a few minutes of silent, still hugging him.

"I love you too."

✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖

"If this one is the small dipper, it means this one is.... the big dipper!", Clint exclaimed with a sad smile on his lips.

He looked at his left, hoping to see you laughing at him, but was only met with a grave.

His smile dropped and he stared at the sky, motionless. He remembered the night he proposed to you: it was one of his favorite memories. And he remembered especially one thing you had said.

"Even after you die, your very own light carries on, and lights up people who were close to you's lives. Everyone is a star. You are a star, Clint."

Oh, how right were you. Even now that you were gone, Clint couldn't forget you - how you were smiling all the time, how you loved your coffee and so on. He couldn't forget anything about you. He couldn't even forget your words.

He was trying to go on with his life - he really was, despite what the Avengers thought. He simply couldn't. Sure, he was breathing, but was he really alive?

Lost in his thoughts, he swore he heard your voice whispering three words in the wind, three words that meant everything to him.

"I love you."

"I love you too", he whispered back, fiddling with the two rings he wore on a chain around his neck. "I love you, soon to be Mrs. Barton."

🔸🔸🔸🔸