6 • Oliver

"Hey."

"Oh hey Oliver."

"So what time are you coming over tomorrow? My mom will be working from 6-5 tomorrow so any time between there will be good. She doesn't like it when I have friends over, she's always obsessing over how messy the house is."

"Yeah I'm available anytime around there. How about 8? I usually don't wake up on weekends till 7."

"Yeah that works for me. I'll probably be up."

"Cool."

"Today was fun. And now you have a friend :)"

"Yeah I guess so. I've never really had a friend before so it's good to know I have one"

"Of course! I'm always available so you can shoot me a message anytime. And since we have PE together, it's more time to hang out lol"

"Lol yeah it is. I'm gonna head to sleep. Night"

"Night Vince"

He never saw my happiness or my excitement. But I was over the moon.

He said "Night". Casual like anyone would think. And I did it. I befriended him which was my goal, so I of course felt accomplished in that, but something was still missing.

We hung out, sure, and now we're friends. So what else? I felt i wanted something more from him, but I couldn't nail down what it was. Maybe I didn't want myself to.

I would've preferred him to say "Goodnight Oliver, see you tomorrow :)", but I can't be too picky since we just became friends.

I had already gotten my homework done, and if he was coming over around 8, that meant I had a few hours to just sit around with him and hang out.

I really do love his artwork. It was beautiful and graceful, every stroke of charcoal and pencil had its own intention and meaning behind it.

I'd like to think that about people. Every aspect of a person had its own intention and meaning.

Vincent's hair, his shy smile, his quiet nature, his timidness, his creativity, talent, every aspect. I could list all of them. Every single one was mine to think about, just as much as it was something I liked about him. Hell, maybe even loved.

Love was a strong word, but in the moment, I saw it fit for Vincent. He was the most perfect human you could ever lay eyes on.

Olive skin that was somehow perfectly pale, chocolate brown eyes that were warm and innocent especially since they were also big for a boys eyes, wavy thick brown hair that he didn't really put effort into fixing up so it fell onto his forehead in an almost too flattering way, he was shorter than me so maybe 5'6, he was a healthy kind of skinny but clearly had some muscle, almost no acne, his lips the the perfect shape and perfect shade of pink, and his nose was so adorable and portioned well on his face.

Like I said, an angel. His timidness and creativity made him even more amazing.

Sometimes I doubted anyone saw his perfection besides me.

I put my phone down on the bedside table and stared at the ceiling.

As I closed my eyes, I saw him in the shower again. But this time, I saw it more vividly. His muscle, how the steam swirled around his body, his hair darker making his skin appear more pale, how his back was I don't even know... just perfect.

I fell asleep with the feeling of comfort and excitement. I couldn't wait for 8 am tomorrow.