7 • Vincent

The light came through my blinds beautifully. It must've been six in the morning or so. Up an hour early than usual, which was strange for me. I value sleep almost as much as my artwork.

I checked my alarm clock. 6:17 am. Oliver only lived a fifteen or twenty minute walk away.

I sat up in my bed and watched the orange light rise on my wall through my window and give the room a warm glow.

I got up and stood in front of my drawing board with a large charcoal piece of artwork. It was a picture of a Boston terrier. My mother had one when I was a toddler, but he died. I only remember petting him and grabbing at him to have him bite me in the end.

I stretched, reaching my arms up with interlocking fingers, then released. I went to my bedside table and turned my iPod on, placing it on my speakers. It was a soft, melodic tune with a guitar. The vocals were calming as well as sad. I only really listened to indie, pop, or rap music. Mostly in different and various languages to help me focus on art and not the words.

I turned the volume all the way up, and went downstairs, leaving my bedroom door open to hear it from my kitchen.

My mom had already left for her flight, she was a salesperson who traveled every other week, so I had the house to myself for the next week.

I reached into the cabinet, and got some cereal along with milk from the fridge.

I have a feeling today won't be as lonely as the rest.

Later that day

I threw on my army green bomber jacket, tucked in my grey tee, clipped on my suspenders, put on my ripped jeans (I needed to do laundry), and my short boots, lightly combed my hair, grabbed my drawing supplies, and headed towards Oliver.

I didn't think Oliver was the type to be awake by eight o'clock. I saw him as more of a ten person.

When I got there, Oliver answered the door smiling and awake as ever.

"Hey Vince!" He'd said. At least he was happy to see me.

I walked into his house and immediately noticed how nice it was decorated and how nice it smelled. Vanilla and clean clothes.

"My moms a clean freak and thinks even this is messy. I'm sure you don't mind, right?"

"Of course not. It's a lot neater and better smelling than my house so there's nothing to complain about."

We both laughed, and went up the stairs to Oliver's room. It was a neat room. Just a bed centered in the room against the far left wall with a nightstand. On the opposite wall, a desk with a laptop and a book shelf with textbooks and different kinds of literature on almost all of the shelves. Way neater than anywhere in my house.

"So what do you want me to draw?" I asked as I set my stuff on his desk and my jacket on his chair.

He looked at me and stared. It wasn't a blank or empty stare, more of a caring or wanting stare. It was odd, but I didn't let myself become phased by it.

He snapped out, and blushed.

"Hm... how about me?" He suggested. I've only ever done portraits of my mother or animals, so I wasn't sure. I knew I could do it, and it'd be good practice, but I wasn't sure how I was going to do one of Oliver.

"Yeah sure. How do you want it to look?" I hesitantly said. He looked around the room.

"What about me reading?"

I nodded, and set up my area for drawing. For Oliver, I decided to do one with pencil. It would have a neater look.

He sat on the window sill comfortably, and began to read. I observed him closely before beginning. He just wore a white tee, jeans, and a ring on his thumb. His glasses too, which was usual for him.

I hadn't noticed before, but his face was more attractive with a more observant eye like mine. His skin was fair with freckles spotting his face, his straight flaxen hair was almost, dare I say it, angelic, and without his glasses, he looks very adorable.

I could feel my face get hot and began drawing. He had a calm but pleasant smile that comfortably rested on his face. Cute. It didn't take me long to finish it, maybe an hour and a half without shading.

"How much longer?" He had asked me.

"I just need to do some shading and it'll be done so another half an hour."

He was so patient, it was almost staggering.

"Alright, done," I announced to him. He looked up and smiled. Oliver walked over to my art pad and looked at all the lines and little details.

"It's perfect! I love it," he leaned over my shoulder looking at it, and I could feel his gentle breaths from his chest on my shoulder. I smiled.

"Thank you, I'm glad you like it."

• • • •

Well. Prepare for some yaoi/smut/sexual things up ahead just a little heads up. Teehee ;)