18 • Oliver

"You know," I said, walking into my bedroom as I dried my hair with a towel. I'd taken a shower since I thought i needed one. I straightened the waistline of my pajama bottoms.

Vincent popped his head up and over his shoulder from where he laid on my bed with my blankets covering his still nude body.

I stopped in the doorway and looked at him.

"I've liked you for a while, even before we'd ever spoke."

His eyebrows raised a bit.

"Really?" He asked. I nodded.

"But why? Why me?" He asked me. I shrugged.

"Why not?"

He frowned. I sighed, and sat on the edge of the bed.

"You had just been... different I guess. You weren't fake, but you were still innocent. Angelic. And it intrigued me. But it was also the fact you were humble, quiet.... adorable."

He blushed, and stared at me looking affixed. I smiled and he smiled back.

"I love you Oliver," he said as he turned back in the bed.

I leaned over and kissed his head, laying in bed beside him.

                                         •

I slowly opened my eyes and looked at my alarm clock.

I have this odd habit of waking up around the same time every night. I've never really been sure why.

I felt Vincent's arm draped over my side. I lifted my head up and saw him comfortably nuzzled into my tee, his soft hair curled innocently against my back from what I could see.

I wish I'd been a third person, viewing it from the bedside so I could see how peaceful and cute he looked.

It had been 3 o'clock in the morning on a Tuesday. It didn't feel like a Tuesday. It was that feeling you had that when you were up very late or very early into the morning of the next day, it didn't feel like the next day. Time was warped funny, so it still felt like the day before, only extended.

Sunday when Vincent stayed over and I'd woken up, he was still asleep, or at least, that's what it seemed like. I brushed through his hair with the tips of my fingers until I fell back asleep, it seemed to be the only thing that would help.

But now the simple feeling of his touch sent a wave of calmness through me.

I know I love Vincent. I don't think I've ever loved anyone more.

I slowly sat up until Vincent's head now rested in my lap instead of my back. He had managed to get up and put his boxers on and his tee shirt, but fell asleep not long after he had fallen back into bed.

I slowly and softly rubbed the small of his back as his breathes resounded peacefully in my ears. They were soft breaths, ones that a kitten would make while they slept.

I couldn't help but realize almost every aspect of Vincent was cute. It was an odd thing, something you never saw often, but it's something I've fallen in love with. Vincent's innocence and cuteness.

He nuzzled into the blanket between us, burying his face deeper. I could feel his soft cheek through the blanket on my leg.

It was moments like these I favored. Just us, the rest of the world seemingly nonexistent.

I grabbed the pillow from beneath me, and put it behind my head, resting it on the headboard and falling asleep.

"C'mon, Oliver, we're gonna be late!" Vincent exclaimed as he rushed to put his shoes on by the door.

I placed a sandwich and two cookies from yesterday in a brown paper bag and handed it to him.

"You hardly ever eat, so I decided to pack your lunch," I stated. He looked at the bag then at me with big eyes.

"You did that... for me?" He asked.

"Of course I did, I love and care about you."

He gave a questioning expression, then finished tying his shoes.

"I love you too," he said as he pulled me to him in a close and warm hug, grabbing the bag and stuffing it into his backpack.

"We gotta go!" Vincent pulled me out of the door and down the street towards the school.

As we walked, he gave occasional sideways looks towards me. I could sense he was anxious about something.

"Oliver?" He said quietly.

"Hm?"

"What, um.... are we?"

Vincent asked me this yesterday. He asked what we should tell people, what will we be seen as together.

I love Vincent, and I want him to be safe and alright. Our city has no history of extreme homophobia, however there are people who aren't... with it. They're not necessarily against it, but just get uncomfortable.

Quite frankly, at that point, I didn't care.

"I was just curious I guess... just... what am I to you?" He said after a while.

I looked at him as he just continued to look straight on, his face getting a bit red.

I laughed.

He appeared surprised at this, and slightly insulted for a moment.

"Vincent, I love you. You ask what you are to me...," I said.

I leaned towards him, and kisses him right in the middle of the street.

"... when I'm sure you already know."

I smiled.

"I love you, Vince. And I don't care what others think. You're my boyfriend and they're just going to have to deal with that."

(AN: I'm very sorry i haven't updated in a month. Final grades were due, and then finals, and now I have tons of homework since this new semester is much more difficult.
I'll try to write more often, I really want to write more of this story and continue it as well as finish it successfully.
I hope you all enjoy it.)