9 • Oliver

I didn't even realize I fell asleep until I woke up.

The first thing I had saw was the light from the window casting my shadow onto Vincent's delicate face.

He was sleeping peacefully, his breaths steady and quiet. His lips were slightly parted and his skin looked so soft, like a feather. His dark wavy hair fell down towards his face and the pillow in the most lovely way.

I rubbed my eyes, and sat up in the bed. I reached for my glasses, and carefully placed them over my face.

My clock read 3 in the afternoon. My mom will be home in a couple of hours.

I stood up and stretched. This is... a good day, I thought. I was with Vincent Darrins. In my house, in bed, and in him. It may sound creepy, but it's what I loved.

I pulled my boxers up my legs and sat in the windowsill, looking down at the backyard. It was almost like a fantasy Garden back there. My mother was obsessed with a beautiful yard, especially the backyard since no one could get back there without our permission.

After a few minutes, I heard Vincent stir awake and the sheets on my bed move.

"Oliver...?" He said quietly. He sat up in the bed, visibly struggling. I looked at him and smiled.

"My mom will be home in a couple hours."

He thought for a moment.

"May I stay over tonight? You don't live far from my house or the school. We can walk together."

I was surprised by him wanting to stay, but also relieved. I didn't want him to go anyway.

"Of course, I'm sure my mom won't mind. I think you'll like her."

Vincent smiled, and tried to stand, failing and falling back onto the bed.

I got up and quickly went towards him, making sure he didn't fall completely off the bed.

"Are you okay?" I asked. I was worried for him. Did I hurt him that bad?

"Just... sore I guess. That was... my first time..," he said shyly. He was more adorable than I thought.

"I'm sorry if I hurt you.."

"Don't be. I liked it. But your sheets..."

"It's okay, they're washable."

I stood up, and grabbed the bedding from under Vince, leaving a clean blanket for him to lay under.

I left the room, and put the blankets on the wash. I then went to the kitchen and brewed some tea for Vince. I wasn't sure if he even liked tea, but it might make him feel a little better.

I went back up the stairs and handed him the mug.

Him sitting there was the most angelic thing you could ever see. Curled up in a blanket, the sunlight hitting him just enough to make him glow but not blind him, holding the mug with his two thin hands and silently sipping on it. He is.... everything.

I stared at him until he noticed.

"What's wrong?" He asked. I smiled.

"I just really like you. You look adorable with that mug."

He blushed and shied into the blanket some more. I chuckled.

"Do you want me to put on a movie? I have a lot of them."

Vince nodded, and I picked a comedy, something I thought he'd enjoy.

He couldn't laugh too much since it was painful that way, but he still enjoyed it nonetheless.

When I was there next to him, watching a movie and being just simply close I realized something.

I truly, truly did love Vincent Darrins.