Moving on

*Ricky's POV*

No, no! I had my chance! I can't believe it, Maxine's appearance changed! When we were younger she was beautiful but now.... She's just downright gorgeous like she came out from a man's fantasy.

I wonder, how many guys confessed to her? How many guys did she kiss? Is she still..... A virgin? God I miss her so much!

I looked at our picture together in 6th grade again, when we were still close together. When I could freely like her.... I want to go back to those days.

I kissed Maxine's picture and proceeded to go to the bar for some shots. Maybe it'll help me.

********

Or not. Nope. It didn't help, it made me fucking worst!

Maxine's here and she's wearing such a short, thin dress! I mean, don'g get me wrong, I'm not conservative but the guys are looking at her with lust! Wait, I can tell her now!

I took my time walking to avoid surprising her. Suddenly,

"Hey sexy, wanna dance with me?" Johnny, my classmate smiled seductively.

I'd say my friend but that'd be lying...

"Nah, I'd rather do something else with you." Maxine ran her hands on his chest.

Wait, what the fuck?!

"I was going to ask you that after dancing but that's even better." He chuckled.

"Hotel?" Maxine smiled.

"I'll pay for it" his hands went under the black fabric. UNDER.

"Then what are we still doing here?" Maxi grabbed his hands and left.

What...did....I....just.....see? What happened to my sweet innocent Maxine?

"Wait, she's not yours. She never was." I whispered. My heart felt like it shattered into pieces. Shit, someone take away this pain....

*************

(A/N- remember Clarissa? Maxine's best friend before she left...)

"Stop. You're killing yourself." A girl yelled at my ear.

"Ugh, shut the hell up, you're hurting my head!" I grumbled.

"Rick, this is your 4th bottle of alcohol, you're killing yourself!" Oh right! That voice is Clarissa!

"Lemme die, it's better that way!"

Suddenly, I felt arms around me.

"Hey what are you doing?!" I wiggled around but she wouldn't let go.

"Hey Rick.... This is about Maxine again isn't it?" She whispered.

"So what if it fucking is?!" God dammit who turned up the heat here?!

"Give up. Just give up...." She held me tighter.

I sighed. "I would've if I could."

Clarissa moved her arms finally but then held on to my face and kissed me.

"Clarissa?!" I pushed her away.

"I'll help you! Give me a chance, I'll help you forget her the way she forgot you! She doesn't know anything, she doesn't know that you left her for her own sake! Rick, she moved on! I think it's about time you do too!" She cried out.

And you know what? She's....

"Your right. I think it is time to move on"

"That's right! And use me Rick! Use me to forget that woman. Love me instead..." We kissed but all I could do was imagine she was Maxine.