Amusement park

(Maxine’s POV)

I turned off the tap and re-did my makeup. Once I was sure that I looked fresh and the same girl that left the cafeteria, I sighed and left my comfort zone ready to fight in the battlefield. During my stay in the washroom, I was lucky to not have anyone coming in and seeing me in that pathetic state.

Before I could drag myself any further to my class, I saw Johnny, my ‘boyfriend’. His hair was all ruffled, shirt all crumpled and lips sore. At least someone was having a good time during lunch. I rolled my eyes. I can’t exactly judge him since I’m the same but that doesn’t mean I can’t envy him for having pleasure while I was suffering. “Oh hey babe!” he called out waving.

He came closer as I stopped walking and kissed me. “Hey babe, why’re you out of class?” I forced myself to smile. “I had to do a little errand from Mr. Brock” he shrugged.

 “And that is?” I knowingly smirked.

“Why are YOU out of class?” He dodged the question

“A little bored is all” I shrugged.

“Well if you’re bored, wanna go somewhere?” He smiled

Well, I really am not up to doing it by seeing as how he just finished I don’t think he was either.

“ok, let’s go” I smiled.

“And here we are” He announced, taking off his helmet.

“A bar?” I asked doing the same

“Yeah, I need some beer” he shrugged.

“I don’t want to go the bar” I crossed my arms and huffed