18|THE HAUNTING NIGHTMARES✔

' I can't drown my demons,they know how to swim

they know how to swim.'

▪▪▪

    The cold ground beneath my bare feet sends a shiver throughout my body, my head whipping right and left as I cautiously make my way through the dark and cold forest, leaves cruniching beneath my feet with every step that I take.

  My blood runs cold when a loud growl is heard throughout the forest, sudden bird appearing above me, flying crazy, and when I spot the pair of blood red eyes, my first instinct is to run in the opposite direcrion - to run as fast as my feet can carry me, to run without looking back.

   And that's exactly what I do, I sprinr through the forest, jumping over a log from a fallen tree as I never slow down my pace.

My heart hammers against my chest, my breathing short and abnormal, yet, I still continue, not stopping for a second, that is, until I trip over a fallen branch, it sending my downhill, my cries and whimpers surrounding me as I come to a stop, my side hitting a sharp rock and I cry in pain.

       Before I can push myself up, wanting nothing more that to escape this god forsaken forest, I let out a shrill scream when noticing the entire part of my body, strecthing from my feet to my hipbones, is stuck in a deep dark liquid. It's as if I'm trappen in quick sand, yet, this dark and thick liquid looks nothing like quicksand.

     It looks like blood.

As I try to grab onto the rock that had stopped my fall, I feel something wrap around my ankle and I cry leaves my lips.

   The last thing in my sight is three figures apppearing in front of me, their skin dirty, looking as if they're clothed with layers of dust, and one of them holds a pair of pitch black wings,

and then, I'm pulled under the dark red substance, a finally scream leaving my lips.

     Jolting awake, I almost sprint out of bed, deep breaths leaving my chapped lips, my blurry eyes staring at Stiles as he quickly awakes, a comforting hand immediately being placed on my shoulder.

   "Lilly, are you okay?" He gently questions, and I can't evem give him a straight answer before I break down into a fit of sobs.

▪▪▪

      "Have you ever had a dream where you feel like you're about to wake up but you can't move or talk?" Stiles' hands are shaking as he speaks, his eyes gazing over to Scott McCall as the three of us make our way up the stairs of Beacon Hills High.